Building my last shop

Very nice looking framing ... and it looks like you've found a good source of non-pretzel 2x4s!

Very nice looking framing ... and it looks like you've found a good source of non-pretzel 2x4s!
Definitely had to dig threw the bundle to find 46 good and straight ones.

Nice work. I would have thought that you would make the office in a corner where you only needed two walls and have the outside Man door enter into the office.

Do you have a floor plan for your build that you could share with us? I would be very interested in how you have planned the layout of office, equipment, segmentation of machine area, welding, grinding, compressor, etc.

I hope to have sufficient room for me to separate the Machining (Mill, Lathe, etc) Area, Welding/Grinding Area, Office Area, Reloading/Gunsmithing Area, Auto Work Maintenance Area and Storage Area (Pallet Racks, RV, etc). Some of these areas will no doubt overlap and may be smaller than I might like.

Have some rough ideas for layout but always looking for new ideas.

So glad to see you nearing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:
To the right of the office is the automotive area. I am using the office to separate it from the welding and metal fab area which will be to the left of the office.
So if you are looking at the front of the building all that will be on the left side. On the right side will be my lathes, mills, shaper, drill press, etc. Back right corner will be the air compressor, blast cabinet, and urinal.

Last edited:
Are you planning on a big window in the office front wall to the right of the man door?

Back