Building my last shop

Another big step, the arrival of the magic pixies!

You should soon have the feeling of great power! Very happy to see you on the Home stretch."

I drove the fork lift while the electrician hung and wired lights. We got 5 up. He temporarily wired up the extension cord from my house to the panel so we could turn on the lights. Probably be a couple of weeks before the power company shows up to connect my service.
lights.jpg

Sweet!
400 amps should do it.
You gonna have more than one machine running at a time?
You all by yourself or are you hiring?
Just curious
All this money you’re spending makes me nervous. I bet you’re feeling it.

May have more than one machine running at a time like the shaper and a mill and the rotary phase converter, or the plasma and a compressor. Biggest thing was breaker space and the ability to expand.
Mainly it is just me. I have a buddy that would help me out on big projects if needed.
I saved up for it for 20 years so I had the money, just didnt think it was going to cost as much as it has.

May have more than one machine running at a time like the shaper and a mill and the rotary phase converter, or the plasma and a compressor. Biggest thing was breaker space and the ability to expand.
Mainly it is just me. I have a buddy that would help me out on big projects if needed.
I saved up for it for 20 years so I had the money, just didnt think it was going to cost as much as it has.

I had planned on my retirement shop some 15 years ago. At the time, mills, lathes, welders, grinders, etc used could be had pretty inexpensively. Same with the building materials. I can remember too often seeing equipment in shops listed as, "you haul it, it's yours". This was so common back then that I never thought that same equipment would be bringing the prices they do today. Very disheartening. Still, not going to give up on my dream, a lot harder since we were wiped out in 2008, but do what I can when I can after I retire.

Your shop is really taking shape. Have made a lot of notes to be incorporated into mine.

Back