Can we talk blood pressure?

Carb restriction certainly is the key to weight loss for me as I find a little carbs leads to a lot more carbs. I had great luck with a Paleo diet--not as restrictive as keto as it allows fruits, although there can be quite a bit of overlap. Like everything it only works if you stick to it, however, and the pandemic has given me an excuse to fall off the Paleo wagon.

What amazed me after about 18 months on Paleo with bacon, butter, etc. (all the things that are supposed to be bad for you), my lipids were better than ever. It really does make me question conventional wisdom of the evil of fat vs. sugar/carbs.
Same here, fibre was not a problem as I boosted it with various bran type fibres in very very low carb breads.

I HATE KALE

There’s a little known secret to cooking kale.
To bring out the flavour and take away the bitterness it needs to be massaged before cooking.
Strip the leaves from the stem and roll them into balls in the cutting board or in hands.
The colour will change to a deep green before your eyes.
And the bitterness will disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never knew that I will give it a try, thanks

The only thing that concerns me about that kind of diet is the lack of fiber.
I am a carb addict.
Breakfast is always protein-fat-eggs, cheese, bacon on an english muffin. 8 hours later I eat my carb lunch.
Apples, mango, strawberries (fruit) greek yogurt and granola. =LOVE THIS. been eating this lunch for ten years.
Dinner is always healthy and well balanced.
Carbs for dinner = Coors light too. Only 2-3. :) A man has to have a vise.
My cholesterol is great, we rarely eat meat for dinner. If we do it's chicken or fish.
You would think with this diet I wouldn't weigh 215 lbs. I am 6 feet though. Lean, good looking :)
Ah hell, my modeling days are long gone.
I'm off on my daily walk......

Exercise? Otherwise, I’d say you are one of the lucky genetics lottery winners.

I have been on blood pressure meds for years and my bp has been well controlled. This summer I started using a cpap machine, and a week or two into my sleep apnea therapy I started feeling light headed and dizzy, especially when standing up. It turns out that my bp was now too low. I just had to have a lower dose of my bp meds to fix the low bp.

Just something else to consider. If you snore at all, and are over 40, you probably have sleep apnea.

I stopped drinking last year and a sleep study resulted in me being on a cpap as well. Cardiologist recommended all of this and my AFIB is all but gone. AND I pop out of bed in the mornings well rested, no more headaches due to low pulse oxygen levels. Best thing I ever did.

I stopped drinking last year and a sleep study resulted in me being on a cpap as well. Cardiologist recommended all of this and my AFIB is all but gone. AND I pop out of bed in the mornings well rested, no more headaches due to low pulse oxygen levels. Best thing I ever did.

How much were you drinking?
The reason I ask, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I don’t have it any more.
Breathing excersizes and I walk everyday.
I just checked my blood pressure. 143 78.
I took my first water pill today. Not a big deal, low dose.
Im gonna lose ten lbs. and I will be in tip top shape.

Back