• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

Carbide Insert Chart

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Dave Smith

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
i scanned a carbide insert chart that i keep in my shop reference binder.
maybe it may help others out in identifying stray inserts.QUOTE]
Mike--for some reason there is a red X on your picture--when I was sending you a reply---poof!!!---the chart showed up when I was going to tell you about the red X----it is a good chart to have reference to---thanks--Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Wreck™Wreck

Former Member
Former Member
You are likely to only ever use the S, T, C and V shapes in general hobby lathe work, the W shape is also very useful,

This excludes threading and other forming tools such as radius groove and dovetail O-ring inserts, face grooving, parting and internal back chamfer tools.

The CN (80 Deg. diamond) tools are very robust, they have a very shallow angle rather then a sharp point such as a 60 Deg, triangle, they will face and turn unlike a triangle, they are negative and require a stout machine, part and setup. CCMT are positive and are an excellent choice when faced with a part, machine or setup prone to chatter.

[6]
[5] [7]