Caution Confusing Packaging - Locktite Red vs Loctite Blue

I've been using my wife's blue fingernail polish for years. It works great on small screws, I save the red stuff for big jobs :rofl:

Actually, they were packaged blue in the red tube and red in the blue tube. Maybe someone is colorblind.

Paul

Actually red and blue can be seen properly by colour blind people.

I am on a course right now for Delta V programming and when we do graphics we use red and green for running and stopped motors in my plant. The instructor informed us that colour blind people see red and green as brown and one place he was teaching at used red and blue as running and stopped motors because colour blind people could differentiate between the two.

Actually red and blue can be seen properly by colour blind people.

I am on a course right now for Delta V programming and when we do graphics we use red and green for running and stopped motors in my plant. The instructor informed us that colour blind people see red and green as brown and one place he was teaching at used red and blue as running and stopped motors because colour blind people could differentiate between the two.

There are numerous types and degrees of color blindness. A very small percent can only see in shades of grey. I am red/green color blind, yet I can see both red and green. I have difficulty with the colors when they are more diffuse, or in low light levels. Brown is quite often an issue for me. When the leaves on a tree or a hillside turn red, I most likely can't see it. I'm the default electrician where I work, so I'm always having to ask someone "what color is this wire?".

Although nothing to do with packaging, does anybody know the shelf life of Loctite? I don't use it THAT often and honestly, mine is getting kind of old. Like 4 or 5 years. Any clues? Mike

Although nothing to do with packaging, does anybody know the shelf life of Loctite? I don't use it THAT often and honestly, mine is getting kind of old. Like 4 or 5 years. Any clues? Mike

One of my newer bottles has a use by date. I think it is a year or 2. I have Loctite that is at least 10 years old and it still seems to work, although it may not make it to full strength.

I go by the numbers when buying. We end up with a Permatex version of threadlocker in most retail outlets on the left coast.
Seems to work fine. Only difference for me is red locktite comes off with plumber torch heating, blue lock tight strength is good with hand tools.

I thought I was the only one that had this complaint about the loctite blue & red. image.jpg (275.5 KB)
Had to put the red on the right side of the bench & the blue on the left side to keep from grabbing the wrong one. image.jpg (259.5 KB)

image.jpg image.jpg

I thought I was the only one that had this complaint about the loctite blue & red. image.jpg (275.5 KB)
Had to put the red on the right side of the bench & the blue on the left side to keep from grabbing the wrong one. image.jpg (259.5 KB)
Yours isn't Loctite. But it looks like Loctite isn't the only thread locker that comes in confusing containers.

One trip to an authentic Mexican restaurant will teach you to read the label before using the product.

Last edited:
Back