CDCO 5C Collet Chuck Review

I had considered that collet chuck, so appreciate the info.
I've mostly had good luck with CDCO service over about 4 orders. but the last time I ordered, he charged my card when I placed the order online. Then he promptly forgot my order. Something about getting ready for a show, so sorry. It took 2 phone calls to get him to ship me the stuff I paid for 2 months before.

CDCO isn't entirely off my list, but they are a last resort.
Mostly I use Enco and Shars, and I take a look at H&H

Re: Buyer Be Ware

After a month & a 1/2 of constant hounding & lame excuses I finally got my gears, I do not believe I would have gotten them if I had not been persistent. With the overall bad quality of the tool & the poor service I would say you should steer clear of CDCO & Frank all together. JMHO:whistle:

Charley, What was the hold up with your gears? Did they have to order them, and wait for shipment.? It kind of sucks you were held up that long. But I suppose , lesson learned with any parts. Inspect them really good, and if you see a problem, send them back right away.

I know that the supplyers here tell me that they have shipments come across once per month, so your 6 week wait could be justified.

He took the gears out of a collet chuck he had in stock, there really was no legitimate reason to have to wait that long, he had promised to send them out the next day after I called him the first time. From what I've heard from other sources he does that till you just give up. The quality was poor also.

The gears he sent me don't look too promising either

He took the gears out of a collet chuck he had in stock, there really was no legitimate reason to have to wait that long, he had promised to send them out the next day after I called him the first time. From what I've heard from other sources he does that till you just give up. The quality was poor also.

The gears he sent me don't look too promising either

Oh, well thats just gotta leave a bad taste after a dealing like that. Did you have a chance to install them yet? Hopfully they turn smoother and dont have tight spots.

Thats a real bummer, sorry to hear things went that way Charley

I'm sorry to hear of your experience Charley. I'll never buy from CDCO. I've almost bought from them and now glad I didn't.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience Charley. I'll never buy from CDCO. I've almost bought from them and now glad I didn't.

I think there is a lesson learned here.
CDCO no doubt only resells products from different supplyers. They dont manufacture them in house. When purchasing any product, the buyer should fully inspect the product, and if defects/problems are found, then simply ship it back. Get a refund/ exchange and if you do modify the product, you can only expect more problems.

Im not personally defending this company. I have never used them before. But, the chain of events that has gone down with this collet chuck could have been avoided. Now Im not sure if it works the same in the US, but in Canada, if your purchase is paid for with a credit card, and you have any issues, call the CC company. They will question you as to what the problem is, and if your complaint is reasonable, they will tell you, ship it back to them. They will rip the money charged to your card right back out of the sellers account.

Common reasons people use there card on many items are getting defective parts, the shipping has been delayed for unreasonable time frame, just to name a few. Assuming the CC companys are the same in the USA, the vendors that sell thess products, and accept CCards, know that they have not only the customer to deal with, they have a CC company as well.

Guys, inspect your items before doing anything to them. Im sure if Charley is to order items from CDCO or any where else, he will be much more picky about the way things go.
Nobody deserves all the BS, but there are ways to protect your self .

Im not personally defending this company. I have never used them before. But, the chain of events that has gone down with this collet chuck could have been avoided. Now Im not sure if it works the same in the US, but in Canada, if your purchase is paid for with a credit card, and you have any issues, call the CC company. They will question you as to what the problem is, and if your complaint is reasonable, they will tell you, ship it back to them. They will rip the money charged to your card right back out of the sellers account.

I agree with all you wrote, Paul, and it is the same here in the US with the CC companies. When I hear more negatives than positives about a seller/retailer I stay away. If they have something I absolutely cannot find anywhere else and the price is OK then I might take the chance. There's too many other sellers out there that'll treat you right and you'd not have to worry about the whole transaction.

Charley Davidson said:
Used a Visa bank check card, don't know if they do the same for you or not?

Absolutely. I've had to do so two or thee times on my Visa check card over the last 15 years or so.

-Matt

Not defending CDCO nor the way he treated CD! I'm simply stating that I have ordered from them several times and have had no problems. You generally get what you pay for and since they are the cheapest place I have found for many items I only order stuff that pretty much just has to go together like QCTP tool holders for 9$, quill stops, etc. I really don't think I'd order a chuck from them unless it was special purpose like if I had a 12" four jaw mounted I might see buying a 6" 3 jaw and chucking it in the 4 jaw to limit changing etc. If the chuck truely sucked I'd hope to make it up with the 4 jaw. I don't think I'd buy collets for any reason but sacrificial. Drills or cutting tools nope.

I believe a company is only as good as their support when something goes wrong. If I need something and I'm counting on it I'll spend more money elsewhere. If it'd be nice to have a couple more L handed golleywatchets in the shop I'll save some money with CDCO provided it isn't something needing high quality.

Steve

Back