Certiflat Fab Block table

akjeff

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Recently finished putting together a 24"x48" Certiflat Fab Block table. Pretty happy with the quality of material, and fit. Clamped the daylights out of it before tacking it together, and tacked it all the way around before finish welding. Worth the effort IMO, as the largest gap I could find using a straight edge( it's spec'd at .003") was .010". I went with the 3/8" thick option, as 1/4" seemed kinda thin to me for using clamps in the 16mm holes. Also went with the alternating 16mm holes and tapped 1/2-13. Made the mobile base with some scrapped battery stands from work. Added leveling pads, to fine tune the top, and compensate for my uneven shop floor. Haven't played with it yet, to see how much it twists/warps due to uneven leg adjustment. I'm sure it will get out of whack some. Going to be used for layout, fixturing, and TIG welding only. For MIG and stick, it will get covered with a 14ga topper. Look forward to trying it out, once work slows down a bit.
IMG_7081.jpg
IMG_7103.JPG
IMG_7207.JPG
IMG_7222.JPG

Mine is just a welding table, and it got roughly handled getting to Hawaii. I accepted it, it looked straight, but I got one bad dip in it after it was assembled.

Mine is just a welding table, and it got roughly handled getting to Hawaii. I accepted it, it looked straight, but I got one bad dip in it after it was assembled.
Bummer. Like you in Hawaii, shipping is our nemesis in Alaska. Fortunately, mine arrived unscathed, strapped securely to a pallet( I had mine barged up ). In some of the youtube videos I watched, some peoples came in heavy cardboard boxes. That would make me nervous. I think the 3/8" option made it so heavy that a pallet was the only option.

I contacted them about a 5x10. About choked when I got their email response. I will be building my own for less than half of what they want. It will be thicker too.

Those are awesome tables.
My welding table is warped. I was considering installing one of these inside the frame and cutting out the plate.
I agree, the fit, finish and quality of material is very good.

I contacted them about a 5x10. About choked when I got their email response. I will be building my own for less than half of what they want. It will be thicker too.
I'd love to have one of those but with exchange and shipping they are completely out of reach.

Tables of that size are mega expensive, especially if you not only need 5'x10', but a FLAT 5'x10' with fixtureing holes every 2". Such a table, at an affordable price doesn't exist.

Recently finished putting together a 24"x48" Certiflat Fab Block table. Pretty happy with the quality of material, and fit. Clamped the daylights out of it before tacking it together, and tacked it all the way around before finish welding. Worth the effort IMO, as the largest gap I could find using a straight edge( it's spec'd at .003") was .010". I went with the 3/8" thick option, as 1/4" seemed kinda thin to me for using clamps in the 16mm holes. Also went with the alternating 16mm holes and tapped 1/2-13. Made the mobile base with some scrapped battery stands from work. Added leveling pads, to fine tune the top, and compensate for my uneven shop floor. Haven't played with it yet, to see how much it twists/warps due to uneven leg adjustment. I'm sure it will get out of whack some. Going to be used for layout, fixturing, and TIG welding only. For MIG and stick, it will get covered with a 14ga topper. Look forward to trying it out, once work slows down a bit.
View attachment 334662
View attachment 334663
View attachment 334664
View attachment 334665

I have the exact same size (24" x 48") CertiFlat welding table but with all holes and 1/4" thickness material. 1/4" seems thick enough so far but sometimes I wish I ordered the version with holes and threads like yours. It is a really good table, definitely worth the $$$.

The best decision I made was to mount the welding table on a hydraulic lift cart with 2,200 lb capacity. I bought it from Northern Tool
https://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/44502.pdf but it looks like that they are not selling this model anymore, too bad, it is a good model and the price was right.

I use the table for more than welding as the wide range of height adjustment and high weight capacity are very helpful. It is my go to table when I want to work outside the shop, I just roll it out.

Welding Cart on Hydraulic Lift 20200321_014855.jpg

Highly recommended.

Ariel

That lift table base is a great idea!

View attachment 334662
View attachment 334663
View attachment 334664
View attachment 334665
Jeff, nice work. Your photo really helped me! I'll try to post a photo of why :)

Back