Certiflat Fab Block table

Quick update. In the interest of keeping the top of this table as pristine as possible, had a 14 ga topper bent up for it. Unless the table is being used to TIG weld, or do fixturing/mock up work, the table stays covered.
IMG_7355.JPG

I have been trying to better organize my welding mess. I had pulled my table out for a project last week and the wheels were really bugging me. I also want to add a lower shelf to hold some stuff like my bender and shear. I decided now was the time. I happened to be pondering where the heck to put these adjustable feet I had ordered awhile back. I love the position of yours. Seems like the wider stance the better? I don't want the wheels off the ground, just make the table so floaty. It's got a little gravity but the casters work good.
I was going to use some angle brackets but the square tubing is way better!723966C3-80A3-4BD4-AD51-1180F698679C.jpeg

Last edited:
I regret not having put 4 swivel casters on it.

I have been trying to better organize my welding mess. I had pulled my table out for a project last week and the wheels were really bugging me. I also want to add a lower shelf to hold some stuff like my bender and shear. I decided now was the time. I happened to be pondering where the heck to put these adjustable feet I had ordered awhile back. I love the position of yours. Seems like the wider stance the better? I don't want the wheels off the ground, just make the table so floaty. It's got a little gravity but the casters work good.
I was going to use some angle brackets but the square tubing is way better!View attachment 336724
I like your table Rick,
I'm in the process of noodling out my table. Can you shoot a picture of the underside so I can see how it's constructed?

I was going to use some angle brackets but the square tubing is way better!View attachment 336724

Now that's a vise! I definitely like the wider stance the leveling feet provide. Having swiveling castors on all four legs allows the table to creep around, even when all are locked. So, it's nice to be able to plant the feet just enough to take a little weight, to stabilize the table. Also, on the bottom of the square tubes there's a flange nut welded in place to do the work. The top nut is just there as a jam nut to take out any wobble in the threaded rod. You can't see it in the photo, but there's an additional square tub across the middle of the base, to stiffen up the thin diamond plate bottom.

I like your table Rick,
I'm in the process of noodling out my table. Can you shoot a picture of the underside so I can see how it's constructed?
I built my table years ago and used scraps. All I had was my Oxy acetylene rig and a buzz box. The top is 1/2" plate a friend gave me which was bent nearly in half in the shape of a potato chip. He straightened it for me. I plan to un bolt it at some point and add a few more 2" angle sections across the underside and ass more countersunk flat head screws with jack screws from the underside to be able to flatten it some more. I drill and tap 3/8" and even 1/2 13 holes when I need to tie stuff down using the milling machine toe clamps. Jeff, that vise is one of my favorites and came with a story that I believe to be its full history. I cleaned it but am leaving the original patina to which i continue to build on.
47E5B4BB-01EE-4A8C-844C-9FEE4A388E39.jpegFE7FF637-327F-4738-8A8A-385D4EA33165.jpeg

I built my table years ago and used scraps. All I had was my Oxy acetylene rig and a buzz box. The top is 1/2" plate a friend gave me which was bent nearly in half in the shape of a potato chip. He straightened it for me. I plan to un bolt it at some point and add a few more 2" angle sections across the underside and ass more countersunk flat head screws with jack screws from the underside to be able to flatten it some more. I drill and tap 3/8" and even 1/2 13 holes when I need to tie stuff down using the milling machine toe clamps. Jeff, that vise is one of my favorites and came with a story that I believe to be its full history. I cleaned it but am leaving the original patina to which i continue to build on.
View attachment 336785View attachment 336786

Thanks, appreciate the additional pics.
Definitely helps me plan my table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I would have given it more thought, I just stuck it together and it is super useful. I would love a Swiss Cheese accurate top like Jeff's. My projects often don't get enough planning, I have fun winging it.

Jeff, why the holes in the square tube legs and lower cross sections? The ability to clamp on an accurate 90 degree angle off the side is really Good. I wonder if I can rig up an angle iron on one edge of mine. My fab skills are pretty rudimentary on good days.

I wish I would have given it more thought, I just stuck it together and it is super useful. I would love a Swiss Cheese accurate top like Jeff's. My projects often don't get enough planning, I have fun winging it.

Jeff, why the holes in the square tube legs and lower cross sections? The ability to clamp on an accurate 90 degree angle off the side is really Good. I wonder if I can rig up an angle iron on one edge of mine. My fab skills are pretty rudimentary on good days.

I wish that had a well thought out reason for the holes in the leg, but the truth is, they came that way! I salvaged the steel from the stands of a very large battery plant that we changed out at work. They were going to throw it all away, so the crew and I split it up for home projects. It's 1-1/2"x2-1/2"x 3/16" wall tubing. The holes were for various cross members, etc. Figured if it held up about 5 tons of batteries for 20 years, it ought to hold up fine in this application!:) So far, I've only put one pair to use as a hanger for clamps. Will likely do more of the same with others for some hooks and stuff.
IMG_7359.JPG

Back