Chargers and Batteries in the Way

I'm a big fan of Ryobi and their One Battery system. Keeps things simple all right.

I have a bunch of corded grinders also. Just 5 months ago I acquired the Milwaulkee 4" cordless grinder, and for outdoor work and for touch ups like flap wheels, it is very.... convenient. I use it more than I thought I would. A keeper.
My experience is that same. For a big job, I'm going to do it in the shop. Corded grinders are quick, easy, and maintain power indefinitely. My corded grinders aren't going anywhere. But for a quick cut off on a project that is on the other side of the yard, running two or three drop cords together takes longer than the actual job, and eventually you have to start worrying about the voltage drop. I've occasionally had to do small jobs in the field, such as the airplane that I couldn't get in the hangar. An outlet simply wasn't available.

Battery tools can be a game changer, and are sometimes the right tool for the job.

Battery tools can be a game changer, and are sometimes the right tool for the job.
Same for me. I use my battery-powered tools pretty regularly, but for the heavy duty jobs I always break out the corded tools. (Made a rack for those, too.)

Regards

Back