Chargers and Batteries in the Way

I decided to standardize on Ryobi after buying some Craftsman yard tools and getting frustrated with the multiple charger situation. It helps that there is an outlet store about 20minutes away that sells factory blemished tools. :cool:

I do like the battery tools for convenience. I've been building some built-in cabinets on the wife's request, and dragging an air hose to run the brad nailer has gotten to be a drag. For $60, I got a factory blemished, battery power brad nailer that doesn't require a cord or hose and is barely heavier than the air powered one.

The battery chain saw is really light and convenient when I want to take out a few branches. But, when I was clearing a 1/2 acre of 60ft poplars, I had to buy a gas power one.

Sometimes I watch product comparison videos, like the ones from Project Farm on Youtube. They look for little differences between tools. I just don't care. Maybe Milwaukee or DeWalt makes a 10% better reciprocating saw than the one I bought. Doesn't matter. What I have works fine, and the very best tools wouldn't do things significantly better. Interchangeable batteries and having fewer chargers are what matters.

Perfection is also the bane of Productivity

But 'doing it a little better than the last time' is also Growth. I'm confused!

I'll stick to Rigid they have a lifetime replacement warranty on the drill, batteries and charger

Today I worked on a kitchen cart I'm building from steel. I have SIX corded angle grinders hanging on my welding table. I would never rely on batteries to do what these grinders do, but they serve to remind me how great it is not to have cords.

but they serve to remind me how great it is not to have cords.

I have a bunch of corded grinders also. Just 5 months ago I acquired the Milwaulkee 4" cordless grinder, and for outdoor work and for touch ups like flap wheels, it is very.... convenient. I use it more than I thought I would. A keeper.

You can also get battery adaptors to work between manufacturers. i.e use a Makita battery on a Dewalt. 18v is 18v after all.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Back