Christmas list?

Alot of people laugh at this , but it's what I use often . Sure beats a tie ! :eek:
A new super penetrating oil appeared at our local farm stores a while ago. It’s called Free All. It’s a little more expensive than PB Blaster but doesn’t smell as bad and frees almost anything in less time with fewer applications

A new super penetrating oil appeared at our local farm stores a while ago. It’s called Free All. It’s a little more expensive than PB Blaster but doesn’t smell as bad and frees almost anything in less time with fewer applications
I actually love Kroil and it's smell but I have cans of PB that I have to use up . :grin:

I/we don't have one. We discovered long ago that buying presents for one another usually resulted in buying an unwanted/unneeded item. Even if we were to put an item on a list, it would probably be the wrong size, color, or function when received. After several years on dealing with returns, we gave up.

Marrying my second wife late in life, we have the maturity to buy with reason. and if we feel we want or need a particular item, we are free to buy it at our discretion. I have lists of all kinds of neat tools that I would like to add to my arsenal I seldom act on that list.
Hey RJ he didn't ask about how you do gifts at Christmas... jeez, what a grinch.. But.. I totally agree with you RJ.. I have given my wife the exact info, and she still got the wrong item... oh well... I'd rather get my own too.

It's hard to know what you'll need.. Micrometer, Digital Caliper, Holders, HSS blanks, center drilling bits. taps. a chip pan. A high quality light for over your lathe... Oil pumps.

Hey RJ he didn't ask about how you do gifts at Christmas... jeez, what a grinch.. But.. I totally agree with you RJ.. I have given my wife the exact info, and she still got the wrong item... oh well... I'd rather get my own too.
I realized that after my first post. I had misread the "the" in the last sentence as "a". Hence my second post.

When I used to work at HF and wives would come in looking for a gift for their husbands I always recommended an anvil. Figured it would be the biggest heaviest thing under the tree, and, they could always return it and get what they wanted.

Nobody ever took me up on it though....

John

I saw a review by a forge guy who said the new cast steel was the real deal, much better than the old POS cast iron anvil. The bounce was really good.

Back