CHUCK KEY

that is my problem mark i can make any thing on my lathe untill i have chuck key
So what you are saying is without A CHUCK KEY there is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBLE way for you to operate your lathe so that you could make a new chuck key???

that what i am using now is 1/4 socket extension but it takes for ever to tighten the jaw that way
Sorry i missed your next post somehow! Anyway, You DO have a way only its just much to Slow for you to deal with for the small amount of time it would take to make one?

i never said that i cant make one just dont have the time right now to make one with everything that i am dealing with right now

Now we're talking!!!! You can get ¼"drive/hex adapters for drills. The shorter the better or its really awkward. The one I use is just over 1½" total length.

I was thinking of get the 1/4 t-handle and cutting in half chucking it up in a drill and doing that way
Use a battery drill on the 1/4 extension with the torque set low

I was thinking of get the 1/4 t-handle and cutting in half chucking it up in a drill and doing that way

That would work but a 3" 1/4" square drive extension with the female end cut off would probably be cheaper and more readily available. And save the T-handle for actual use.

Just get one of the hex to square inch long adaptor shanks and super glue it in the extension .
If you ever need the extension or the adaptor for another job you can warm up the join & pull it apart .

Back