Clausing 4900 purchase

In Calgary they are eager to please, good prices and very helpful folk.
Same for the Sunbelt I rented from, very clean and super friendly staff.
Picked up Friday afternoon, return early Monday morning. One day charge

Have a little time in the evenings to start looking at some of issues found in the initial inspection.

Cross slide had .071 of slop, was stiff/gummy when moved
9D92E5DB-5260-435A-85F4-B604C2C7703F.jpegA3EF72FC-31D0-427F-9B27-B201D79D6076.jpeg
Open can of worms here
B25DD7AE-D7A1-4AE4-8E34-A3F7FF83C9E6.jpeg
A63B0844-650E-437D-868E-7CAF2FB2671E.jpeg
Screw and nut are done.
Mulling over options at this point. Did a parts request on the Clausing web site, not real hopeful it’s 55 years old
Next up it’s giving the ways a close examination

Have a little time in the evenings to start looking at some of issues found in the initial inspection.

Cross slide had .071 of slop, was stiff/gummy when moved

Screw and nut are done.
Mulling over options at this point. Did a parts request on the Clausing web site, not real hopeful it’s 55 years old
Next up it’s giving the ways a close examination
I have been told that Clausing is old-fashioned and phone calls work better than their web request.

On the Clausing group someone posted within the past week that they bought a new cross-slide screw for their lathe of similar vintage...not cheap, but that's not surprising.

I have been told that Clausing is old-fashioned and phone calls work better than their web request.

On the Clausing group someone posted within the past week that they bought a new cross-slide screw for their lathe of similar vintage...not cheap, but that's not surprising.
Clausing (Brian) called within a couple hours of me filling out the request, was shocked and pleasantly surprised.
And they have the part, totally unexpected. Come on it's for a 55 YO machine! - $235 which is below what I was thinking.
Exceptional customer service

Clausing (Brian) called within a couple hours of me filling out the request, was shocked and pleasantly surprised.
And they have the part, totally unexpected. Come on it's for a 55 YO machine! - $235 which is below what I was thinking.
Exceptional customer service
Wow...that's great all around!

Back