Cleaned the shop today

n3480h

Active User
Registered
One of the things I really like about my mini machine shop, all 7' x 11' of it, is that it cleans up quickly. And I heat it for pocket change. Still have to set up tooling racks and a couple big drawers under the bench, but it is essentially complete. Equipment includes a 7x14 lathe, an X2 mill, pedestal grinder, micro drill press, drill bit sharpener, a 12" x 18" x 2" granite surface plate, metrology gear, and more tooling than I am likely to ever use. I do use the little rotary table quite a lot, and I love what it allows me to do. The lathe is functional, but is getting continuous upgrades. The mill sports an iGaging 3 axis DRO which has worked very well for me, and I have the parts to also put one on the lathe. The mill is about to get an LED ring light installed around the spindle. All in all, pretty capable for small gear in a small space. Lots of fun. (I was too embarrassed to post the "before cleanup" picture, lol).

Tom

Shop RightSM.jpg Shop LeftSm.jpg

when I clean my shop, It takes mounths to find where I put every thing.:roflmao:

when I clean my shop, It takes mounths to find where I put every thing.:roflmao:

Same here. On the other hand when I clean the shop I find things I haven't seen for months so it evens out.

I always put those important found tools where I can't loose them.
But then, I can't find them again either.

I know it always makes me feel good to have things organized and clean. Only if for a short time in between projects. You have a very nice space. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Last edited:
Hmmm I am in the process, but the again, I am always in the process.

It looks lovely now keep it that way.:talktogod:

Brian.

I know it always makes me feel good to have things organized and clean. Only if for a short time in between projects. You have a very nice space. Thank you for taking the time to post.

"Between projects"? You mean you don't always have four or five going at once?

" Between projects " Who has time between projects ? I usually have at least 3 on the go.
Mine always seem to over lap or create another project that I didnt need to have on the list ... :makingdecision::whiteflag:

Man you should see what I fit in a 7' x 22' shop but man very nice shop and very clean.

I always put those important found tools where I can't loose them.
But then, I can't find them again either.

If you can't find it there is no way you can lose it. You done good. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

Back