Cleaning up the old Bridgeport

Thanks guys.

Randy I was set on blue on gray to match my tool box. But your BP was to pretty to try to copy. ahahaha. That thing is awesome. I actually stole the foam tip for the letters and doing the letters on the door from you.

Nice machine and You are making it look good. I am sure you will get a lot of use out of that mill.

Thanks guys.

Randy I was set on blue on gray to match my tool box. But your BP was to pretty to try to copy. ahahaha. That thing is awesome. I actually stole the foam tip for the letters and doing the letters on the door from you.

:thumbzup3: Glad I could help.

So is that Blue or Black? Either way it is looking like a winner. I think you are puting a little more sparkle in to it, I like your creativity.

It's black as you already done a very fine blue.

The head will be black and I'll try to find as much polished handles and nobs for the whole machine. But the rebuild on the head will come first just so I can get get it all painted

I painted my big degree ring with the intent to sand it down leaving the black inset. Then I went and got silver all over it:angry: Now I gotta sand it down, re scrap each mark and number and start over

Thaks for the kind words fellas.

:thumbzup3: Glad I could help.

So is that Blue or Black? Either way it is looking like a winner. I think you are puting a little more sparkle in to it, I like your creativity.

Looking great Chuck! Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to watching your progress.

The Bridgeport is looking GREAT. I love watching these things come together. You're doing a great job on it and you aint wasting no time either!

The overall appearance of the machine has improved 1000%. :))

Keep up the good work.

Marcel

Small up date. I took some members advice and got a phase converter. I assume it's wired right as it self starts and the mill works fine.

I ordered some shims to tighten up any slop for now. The saddle will need them. If I lock the saddle down the table seems pretty good.

This is simply a stop gap. I hope to order the steel to make me a straight edge with a dovetail this week. I'll pick up a plate and a anderson scraper. Scrap in the straight edge and dovetail. Then scrap in my little lathe. I hope by then I will be ok enough to tackle the BP.

But it is certainly workable as it sits. But this machine will be making chips for a very long time so might as well make her right.

At any rate I had to try a cut. I used the endmill holder with a too that came in it and clamped down some 1/4alum and made 19 seconds of scrap for us all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7s1n78I7F8&list=UU_CGCwFyMITOOlXNumUMetg

Another up date. Got my shim stock in today. I cut and filed some shims down. Placed them on the non movable side of the way's.

SHE'S TIGHT AND STILL SMOOTH.

Maybe watching your work will get me motivated to get to work on mine.
Very nice work. Like the pictures showing your progress.

Back