[Metrology] Cnc Probe And Pendant Recommendatoons

I started off with the xbox controller which works great and the keys can be easily reprogramed but I found the joy stick was too touchy for me as I crashed the lathe, more than once, and ruined some parts. I am presently using a wireless MPG controller which is by far more safer but a pain in using the rotary switch in changing the axis. I purchased the Mach3 CNC manual Controller for my mill but it has the same problems that tom s mentioned but works OK for the X, Y & Z axis. I think that I will still play with it see if I can get it to work as it was dirt cheap. Bob

I have the joy stick speed set a 50% and with the trigger button depressed it goes to 100% for jogging. I find it very easy to use. I would go nuts having to select one axis at a time.

Jay

I have the joy stick speed set a 50% and with the trigger button depressed it goes to 100% for jogging. I find it very easy to use. I would go nuts having to select one axis at a time.

Jay

Jay - thanks for your input. I've been corresponding with the eBay seller trying to get the pendant to work. Unfortunately his english is not that good so the responses I'm getting are very clear so it takes a few days to sort them out. The pendant is still not working but I have to go through the suggested steps in order to get a return authorization. Not complaining he's just doing his job.

Tom S.

Jay

Jay - quick question. Did you lose any keyboard functionality when you programmed your X-box controller? I'm asking because when I assigned a hotkey to my pendant the button on the keyboard didn't work.

Tom S.

Jay - quick question. Did you lose any keyboard functionality when you programmed your X-box controller? I'm asking because when I assigned a hotkey to my pendant the button on the keyboard didn't work.

Tom S.

No loss of keyboard function. There are two plugins for the xbox controller on the Mach3 website. http://www.machsupport.com/software/plugins/

I use the first plugin in the list (not the Schilling plugin, I never got that one to work on XP but have not tried it on my win 7 system).

xboxcontroller.gif

Jay

Also some newer windows OS's do not have XINPUT1_3.dll which is required to run the plugins. This can be downloaded from MS at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109 (DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010). Works fine on all my systems, XP, Win 7, 8.1 & 10

Jay

Thanks Jay. I'm fed up with this Chinese pendant and vendor. I should be able to find an Xbox controller in town today. If not there's always eBay and Amazon.

Tom S.

Thanks Jay. I'm fed up with this Chinese pendant and vendor. I should be able to find an Xbox controller in town today. If not there's always eBay and Amazon.

Tom S.

Due to Christmas Xbox controllers are a bit rare at this time so I'm headed to eBay. Before I buy is your controller wired or wireless? I would think a wireless controller would be nice but not sure if they are sensitive to electrical noise.

Thanks,

Tom S.

Both mine are wired. I did't want to deal with battery maintenance.

And they are cheaper so I wont feel as bad when I eventually ruin one for one of many possible reasons.

Jay

Both mine are wired. I did't want to deal with battery maintenance.

And they are cheaper so I wont feel as bad when I eventually ruin one for one of many possible reasons.

Jay

Thanks. Now all I have to do is pick a color.

Tom s.

Back