CNC Vise - My Version

Wow...ok. That is beyond my F360 skills as far as editing that to work with my fixture plate. Super thank you though. It seems they also have their latest version on their actual web page where they are selling the unit. Can't get it to generate tool paths, not sure if it locked so to speak.

Can't get it to generate tool paths, not sure if it locked so to speak.
You have to save a copy in your own projects/folder. Once you have it saved you can then edit & CAM it up.

So the way the Gen2 works is that there is a fixed side and an adjustable side. Both sides have a base plate and a top jaw.
  • Fixed uses pins to locate it, plus two low head cap screws to hold it down to the fixture table.
  • Adjustable side is two-piece. The bottom can slide on the cap screws, and the top jaw is what clamps the part.
  • The top jaw has oblong holes with a taper to match a standard flat head screw.
  • Fixed plate is tightened down, and the adjustable plate is slid up to the part. The edges of the base plates act as parallels when the Talon grips are used, or normal parallels can be used if the top jaws are flipped.
  • When the adjustable side top jaw flat head screws are tightened, the screw taper engages the oval hole taper and forces the top jaw towards the fixed jaw - clamping the part.
My homemade version is based on the Gen1. The adjustable base is slid up to snug the part, and the pitbulls tighten on the part and pull it down against the parallel at the same time.

The new ones are pretty slick and take up much less room on a fixture plate - plus the ability to have soft jaws is sweet. I suspect the Gen1 versions may have more clamping force, however.

SMW has nice videos on thier site explaining both versions.

In the best of both worlds you'd have some of each.

-Ralph

Back