Compressed air Blow Guns you like?

I'm one of those who hasn't been bit yet, is it too late to start collecting at age 63? lol.
Hell, no! I have been collecting tools (sometimes they collect me) since being a poor teenager, but only really have got into it for the last 10 years or so when I started looking toward retirement. Some have been inherited from my family. I realize quite well that there is none of this stuff that I NEED to have. There is no rush to acquire anything. I only buy when the pricing is really good, REALLY good! I am not afraid to clean up old tools that need it, unless I am looking at a rare and valuable antique, but I don't have many of those. I like to use what I have, not just polish them, and I think that best honors the previous owners...

My "best" air nozzles were made before OSHA stepped in. They'd put a 1/8 ball bearing through a cardboard box at 20 feet. Not that I ever was involved in any sort of horseplay in the shop, Oh No.

Ditto. I have only two nozzles, both rubber-tipped like Alan's righthand model. One is short, one has a 30" extension tube on it. Eye protection mandatory.

I like these because they can vary the air pressure. I put a valve on one for my metal shop so I can turn down the pressure and not blow chips all over the lathe, mill and shop. This is just a cheap HF air gun. I've also gotten them at Auto Zone. They eventually break but they are cheap and I can have them all over the shop.

air gun_0366.JPG

The plastic one from McMaster is ~21 bucks. It has a very good throttling lever on it and is more robust and durable than I would have expected. The cheap one I have is from a big box store and it works but the throttling action is sticky (photo in post 1, one on the left).

McMaster link

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 230735
I guard this one jealously. Some people that I know are like crows and like 'shiny things'. May be as old as I am and will no doubt, be around long after I'm gone. Used to be in any shop but I don't know if you can buy them like this any more.
Have one just like it JO, it's a goody!

O'Reilly's has "vaper" blow guns and the same gun is in autozone also.
Vaper # 19360 $6.99 at auto zone and $8.99 at O'Reilly's
I got one from O'Reilly's a couple of years ago and it has been great.
Got one of those black Harbor freight ones and threw it away the same day.

This is an oldie I found in a factory that was being prepared to tear down. Its heavy cast iron and I dont think ever used before I got it. Works very good and does not leak. The issue w/ newer ones I have found is that they seem rather delicate. Ive dropped a couple newer metal ones and they split right at the 1/4 npt inlet.

IMAG0077.jpg

This is an oldie I found in a factory that was being prepared to tear down. Its heavy cast iron and I dont think ever used before I got it. Works very good and does not leak. The issue w/ newer ones I have found is that they seem rather delicate. Ive dropped a couple newer metal ones and they split right at the 1/4 npt inlet.

View attachment 230954
Dude, OIL THOSE WAYS..

Back