Compressed Air For Chip Removal

I put a small valve on my air gun. It will regulate the air flow from just a breath to full blast. The trigger on the air gun is variable, but it is easy to over pull it, thus the valve.

air gun_0366.JPG

I get a kick out of threads like this. Using low air pressure to clear the cutting area is no different than using a mister, fog buster or flood coolant to do the same thing.

I have a loc line setup with a magnetic base that I can use on both my drill press and mill. It has a valve so I can keep the pressure set way low to just clear the area around my bits and tools so I can see what I'm cutting. A small 1/8 valve between my airline and blower help lower the pressure so I don't accidentally blast chips in the air.

Same here.. i use it a lot for boring deep holes

I use compressed air at work to clean chips off my mills but dislike it at home due to it making a mess. I just wanted to add for people using shop vacs and home built cncs to watch for static discharges to the electronics. I've never had a problem but have heard of people frying circuits with it.

Not really, I have a foam pre-filter over my paper filter, and have never had a problem. The oil pretty much drops out before it gets to the filter. The worst clogger is fine saw dust.

Especially after vacuuming up the oily chips. :)

Back