Connecting incoming load, common and ground wires to lathe.

My apologies, you can just connect with the existing green wire terminal

Your panel appears to be slightly different

The R & S terminals designations are still as described earlier

Ok thanks , I appreciate your help
One more question, I’ve noticed from looking at my contactors that they have what appears to be jumper wires on them, haven’t seen this on any other pictures that I’ve viewed. Any idea what’s going on there ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 11
I guess it means it'll either work fine or you'll need to completely rewire it. LOL
My guess is the contactors have been replaced and whoever did it didn't care about tidying up the wires

If the motor is 1 HP or more it's highly advantageous to run the machine on 220 volts- it's easier on the contactors and switches
and you'll have less power loss at the motor due to voltage drop in your house wiring
Something to think about for the future

Last edited:
I guess it means it'll either work fine or you'll need to completely rewire it. LOL
My guess is the contactors have been replaced and whoever did it didn't care about tidying up the wires
From others that I’ve seen these appear to be extra wires that jump from one Contactor to another..

I thought one of those contactors was the reversing contactor?
Reversing contactors are generally 2 contactors that operate as an assembly interlocked to prevent the use of both contactors at the same time.

Power is often supplied to secondary contactors by the use of jumper wires

KM3 should be your coolant pump, the power comes from KM2

Last edited:
Back