Convert a manual grinder to auto feed?

My B&S has a chain drive for the table. Just a little heavier than a bicycle chain. I will have to go SERNO hunting.

I wonder just how many of us it would take to submit inquiries about the Tiny Controls TNC-G10 Surface Grinder Controller to get the fire lit for them to get it back in stock. Getting this controller or something similar would get my fire lit to move on with the stepper or servo conversion. From my research so far setting up the motors drivers and power supplies will not be an issue. It is the controller. Hardware wise it would not be all that hard to do something like an Arduino processor and that could even have a nice touch screen GUI. BUT I am worse than terrible at writing software. I know NOTHING about how to do it or even where to start. If I could just buy this box ready to go, that would be wonderful.

I would give you the software to run it, but I think the controller and other hardware required that would run the software would be way out of budget.

I'm thinking about pushing it a bit and see what happens. Longs is a pretty big company so they can take the hit without starving to death, but the CEO is not going to be happy :)

OK, I will hold off on letting them off the hook. Please let me know how it turns out?

I was thinking of contacting them and whining to see if that helps.

New message from: longs_motor (2,807Red Star)
the best price for the 4axis kit is 525USD (including shipping and TAX)

Not much of a deal from the List price of 550.

That doesn't surprise me. I'm going to wait another day and send them an email.

That Tiny Controls setup looks like a great idea.
I too have an old B&S No2 manual surface grinder that I would like to automate a bit.
So far I've fitted a 10W 24VDC motor to the vertical feed for faster rough positioning of the grinding head, because tuning the hand wheel hundreds of turns between different height jobs got old pretty quickly....
I was thinking about the VFD/3-phase gear motor route for the longitudinal feed too.... but using two stepper motors for both table axes sounds MUCH better.
I would certainly be interested in helping the Tiny company reconsider stocking the item!
I'll write to them now.
Cheers,
Joe

That doesn't surprise me. I'm going to wait another day and send them an email.

"You don't honor your ebay auctions? I thought you were a reputable company. If you cancel this purchase I will leave negative feedback."

I will let you guys know what their reply is.

I guess they did not like any of my offers, I got this email today

刘莉萍 refunded $32.25 USD from your purchase on May 10, 2019.

Back