Coors wisdom for the day

In 1985 I did a college internship at this manufacturing facility. I was assigned to shipping and receiving. My boss was an older guy and loved Miller High Life in the can. I asked him one night after our shift why only cans and no bottles. He said "I aint nursing no bottle."
Very cool! During that time frame, I was probably working on the palletizers, 3rd shift. Many prefer the cans, myself included. Also, many say there is a taste difference, not evident to me in blind tests.

I'm a hefeweizen fan, but a Coors is nice too. Used to love Hamms- great fishing beer
We brewed some Hamm's, PBR, Schlitz, Falstaff, Pete's Wicked Ales, Boston Lager, Coors Light, Blue moon family - Along with many other brands. Depending on the brand mix, we were capable of over 8 million barrels brewed/packaged per year. That's a lot of beer! If you've never been in a large brewery, the amount of beer that goes to the drains will make you cry...

Last edited:
Made just the end of the can for Millers Fort Worth and Millers Azusa. Pop tops to everyone else. The conversion press was a three lane progressive die that ran at 600 strokes a minute. We did twice as many quality control checks for Millers than anyone else. They would come and inspect the plant every six months.

Very cool! During that time frame, I was probably working on the palletizers, 3rd shift. Many prefer the cans, myself included. Also, many say there is a taste difference, not evident to me in blind tests.
I use to build palletizers for can manufacturers. Goldco was the manufacturers name originally located in Golden Colorado. Do you happen to recall the name?

I remember the days in the 70s when we could not get Coors east of the Mississippi . On a trip out to Oregon my Mom let me bring back 2 cases to Md . The cans had the double push tops . Most likely I have a few of those older cans left . Coors Light is one of my go to beers these days still . On another note , that's another thing I have to get rid of , a large old beer can collection . :grin:

I use to build palletizers for can manufacturers. Goldco was the manufacturers name originally located in Golden Colorado. Do you happen to recall the name?
The palletizers, and depalletizers we had were Alvey mfg.
I remember the days in the 70s when we could not get Coors east of the Mississippi . On a trip out to Oregon my Mom let me bring back 2 cases to Md . The cans had the double push tops . Most likely I have a few of those older cans left . Coors Light is one of my go to beers these days still . On another note , that's another thing I have to get rid of , a large old beer can collection . :grin:
Eden Brewery was about 1 mile from the NC/VA border. Either very late 70s, or early 80s, Coors Banquet was available at a few small spots 'over the line' in VA for a short while. Each can had a paper applied sticker, stating "Imported From Mexico".
I threw out some old cans, oh well... Some commemratives we packaged

Attachments

• IMG_20160515_095712792.jpg
    IMG_20160515_095712792.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 3
This is actually a puzzle from the early 80s . It still hangs on the bedroom wall . :grin: I have about 300 old cans in a box above the garage that we collected when younger . I know some are worth more than scrap value . :encourage:

Attachments

• IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    473.5 KB · Views: 6
Back