couldn't resist time to GLOAT.

JB Enterprise

Active User
Registered
Some of you might recall that i ranted a while back about my mill that I have made six payments on and still havn't received it yet well just after making my seventh payment It finally showed up and after two days it is up and running take a look.

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

it's been a long time coming a Pm 1054s step pulley head mill with eason 3 axis dro on board going to make alot of chips once i get it trammed in and by the way it is possible to fit it through a 32 inch door once you take the door off without removing anything,

IMG_0477.jpg IMG_0478.jpg IMG_0479.jpg IMG_0480.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one sweet looking machine,,,maybe one day I'll be able to grow up and get something like that!!!!

JB

You have too much floor space. LOL

Looks like a nice mill. You might want to consider getting / making the chip pan if you use coolant at all, otherwise the floor becomes a swimming pool.

Walter

Thanks for the comments, as far as the quality of the machine it is typical import, I have seen some better and I have seen some way worse the only thing that I can say for sure at this point is it is online with the specs and q.c.from the factory, that is spindle run out of less than .0002 approx 4 inches from collet face and the motor is quiet other than that this thing is a beast #3600 10x54 bed 3 horse motor dual locks and the biggest box ways I have ever seen on a machine in this class. And besides some people have given me a little bit of grief for not buying American made and I tell them I paid 6500 and some change, the last time I checked a new bridgeport was 3 times that amount so I think I did ok only time will tell. And yes paddy I am going to utilize more wall space I just recently moved stuff around and I have some nice wood and some stainless sheet and I will be making wall mounted storage for my machines all of them not just the mill.

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in Central CA.

Looks like a nice setup JB. 'Grats.

author=Paddy OFernichur link=topic=3668.msg26781#msg26781 date=1316735805
What does something like that set you back? My dad's Bridgeport is in need of just one thing: a new owner.

No problem Paddy, just ship the Bridgeport over to my place. ::thumbzup:: ;)

-Ron

I'm pretty tooled up the vice is an import and spindexer is from quality machine came w tail stock other than that have full set r8 collects in 32nds full set tg 100 collets as well as er collets in 16, 25, and working on 32's have full set 5c collets in 64ths for lathe and spindexer as well as several drill chucks 2 and 3 in criterion boring heads and geometric die holders in addition to specialized gunsmithing jigs and fixtures. Oddly enough I don't have a double box end wrench in 3/4-7/8 yet and I will be making lexan chip shields for when I fly cut but no base extensions because I don't believe in flooding mill w coolant, the tool and die maker I learned from always used a jet of air from the shop supply with misting if needed so that is what I do and cutting oil put on w acid brush.

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in Central CA.

I hope you find the mill was more than worth the wait. It is a very nice looking machine. Is it an R-8 taper??

author=flutedchamber link=topic=3668.msg27662#msg27662 date=1317366715
I hope you find the mill was more than worth the wait. It is a very nice looking machine. Is it an R-8 taper??
yea the machine is a r-8 no need for anything bigger in a small shop besides tooling is cheap and plentiful.

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in Central CA.

Brilliant Justin, #@clap2@& I would love all that space and the airconditioning,
good on you mate!

Put a dial indicator on the back surface of the table. Crank the table in so the dial indicator traverses the whole surface. Let me know how much too high the front edge in than the rear edge. I had to send back a Valumaster as the front surface was WAY too high. A little front end bias is expected,maybe .0015". The Valumaster was WAY over that. Can't recall how much. I sent it back and got a Vectrax mill,same model as yours. Still was a bit too high,but I kept it.

Back