Craftsman 101.07403 counter pulley system

I would first call Clausing and find out what they do have and the pricing. That gives you a baseline. to shoot at. The problem with trying to do it all with a variable speed motor is that you basically can't. Plus the issue with figuring out what the spindle speeds are. The ideal solution would be to find a complete counter-shaft assembly and re-bush it as necessary.
Thanks.
I will definitely call Clausing.
I must be missing something about a variable speed motor not doing the job. I do plan to use a spindle speed meter.
This is exactly why I joined this forum.
Ideas, ideas and more ideas.

I'm really leaning towards variable speed, either vfd or tread mill motor
There’s plenty of people who have done it.

I got a treadmill once with the idea I’d use the motor. It was a lot of trouble. More trouble to dispose of what I didn’t want. It was a totally open motor. In fact the whole experience was a waste of time and effort. All said and done, I paid somebody 50 bucks so I could take a treadmill apart and throw it away in pieces.

My Atlas has the requisite 16 speeds with 100% torque at all of them. It took me 6 or 8 bolts to install it. Well within my skill set…and done in 5 minutes. Lol

There’s plenty of people who have done it.

I got a treadmill once with the idea I’d use the motor. It was a lot of trouble. More trouble to dispose of what I didn’t want. It was a totally open motor. In fact the whole experience was a waste of time and effort. All said and done, I paid somebody 50 bucks so I could take a treadmill apart and throw it away in pieces.

My Atlas has the requisite 16 speeds with 100% torque at all of them. It took me 6 or 8 bolts to install it. Well within my skill set…and done in 5 minutes. Lol
Noted, thanks.
Motors for sale on eBay $35 on up.
No intention of buying complete treadmill.

You can often find treadmills for free. They have very little resale value and people moving need them gone in a hurry. I acquired 2 like this.

Back