Craftsman 6" lathe value ?

After getting the Craftsman lathe home and cleaned up I have decided to sell it. (Picking up a SB Heavy 10 next week) It is in excellent shape with a lot of tooling. Most in their original boxes. I know the tooling is worth more than lathe but I don't want to break up the package.

Link to a lot of pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/187185834@N08/albums/72157715439208478

Tooling included:
Original Manual
Craftsman 3-Jaw Chuck
Craftsman 4-Jaw Chuck
Full set of Change Gears for Threading
Micrometer Carriage Stop
Milling Cutter Attachment
Milling Attachement
Atlas Wrench for Toolpost and Tailstock
Tailstock Drill Chuck x 2
4 Dead Centers - 2 for Spindle and 2 for Tailstock
New in Box Craftsman 5-1/4” Faceplate
2” Clamp Dog
2 - Lathe Dogs - USA Made
Original Lantern Toolpost
Craftsman Boring Bar Holder set
New in Box - Craftsman Tool Post Tool Set
Craftsman / Atlas Tool Holders: LH, RH, Threading Tool, Knurling Tool and Cut-Off tool with blade. All like new in box.
2 - Screw Arbors. (Incase you want to turn wood)
#2 Morse Taper Crotch Center
#1 Morse Taper Work Arbor
Extra leadscrew in great shape (Used)
Extra Halfnut Lever
Extra Halfnut Cam

20200810_160945.jpg
20200823_132158.jpg

Last edited:
One comment - the Crotch Center is normally used in the tailstock, for example to cross-drill a shaft or rod. I cannot think of anything that you could do with it in the headstock as it has no capability for holding a part. Or in other words, the PO must have bought it by mistake. A 2MT crotch center would be something that you might use on a 10" or 12" Atlas or similar sized other makes. So I would sell it separate from the lathe.

I would keep it until you have the south bend up and running. You’ll be kicking yourself if you just need to turn one little part for it and you don’t have the capability.

Other than that I don’t see why you couldn’t start as high as $1500 for everything. You might not get that much but you never know.

As has been mentioned collectors pay a premium for unused stuff in original boxes. Price it low enough and you’ll see all those bits listed on eBay for enough to make you cry.

Just because you can see the value of keeping it all together that’s not how eBay sellers think and they’re always looking for a haul like you just got.

John

Wow, that lathe has all the goodies. Well done sir.

Back