Custom "80's" Theme for TouchDRO?

ycroosh

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Hi Folks,
I've been going through TouchDRO's buttons and icons for the last few days (making them more consistent and easier to read). While at it, I set UI to some obnoxious colors so I could see better what was and wasn't done but my wife thinks that I should just offer this as a configurable theme for people with nostalgia for 1980's:

touchdro_80s_mode.png

Here is what it looks with a more sane color palette:

touchdro_normal.png

Let me know what y'all think ;)

Regards
Yuriy

Last edited:
I'd use it, can we have different obnoxious colours per axis?

PLEASE just leave the color palette on mine the way it came 'out of the box'. :)
No unwanted 'upgrades', thanks!
@ycroosh I have to agree: the standard font/colors/layout work best in my lighting (and I’m used to them). However, if you want to add options (and have nothing better to do?), go for it.

Gotta admit, I really like the way the orange grabs attention. Options to configure to personal preference seem like a lovely option to have, though.

I find that the default display with grey on black sometimes has insufficient contrast. There's a lot of websites that do this, or worse, and I find them difficult to read. So I'd vote for a color palette with a touch more contrast. Don't know why I have trouble with this, but I suspect it's my slowly growing cataracts. Anyways, that's my two cents. In a way I like the gaudy one. :)

i'd say sure if it's a toggle on or off feature. Sometimes brighter works better for me in my shop.

My my case, form follows function. I want the display to be visible under all lighting conditions and for that to happen , I want the highest contrast possible. Human vision is the most sensitive to green and with failing eyesight, the lime green does it for me. My personal preference is also the 7 segment font.

Back