Custom "80's" Theme for TouchDRO?

Like it.

But then again, I also like the "Atari dash" on my 88 corvette:

c4-corvette-dash-fix-restoring-the-readability-2021-10-12_09-13-14_687800.jpg

The digital dash is another one of those "love it or hate it" things.....

Being colorblind sucks
I can not. See dark colors on dark colors (i
like red/black)
i need high visibility colors

So, the reason I am replacing the buttons is so that (in the future) I will be able to make the colors configurable. It will probably be in a form of a few pre-defined "themes", so people can use a "dark", "light" and "high contrast" theme (for example). In the app that is the app store, the icons are images, so the colors are bake in. I.e. the tool offset button, for example, is an image with transparent background and green pixels that look like an end mill with a few arrows. The new buttons are vector graphics that are rendered on-demand, and the color is just one of the parameters.
There is still a TON of work left (I haven't even gotten half of all icons converted), so this is on my 2024 release roadmap.

Regards
Yuriy

Hi Folks,
I've been going through TouchDRO's buttons and icons for the last few days (making them more consistent and easier to read). While at it, I set UI to some obnoxious colors so I could see better what was and wasn't done but my wife thinks that I should just offer this as a configurable theme for people with nostalgia for 1980's:

View attachment 462881

Here is what it looks with a more sane color palette:

View attachment 462882

Let me know what y'all think ;)

Regards
Yuriy
The grey on black is a problem for me, the white on black is good as well as the orange or lime green on black, i think you are on the right track with a few caned options for people (like me) who have vision challenges.

The grey on black is a problem for me, the white on black is good as well as the orange or lime green on black, i think you are on the right track with a few caned options for people (like me) who have vision challenges.
Grey is "disabled". This is what the screen looks like when it's connected:
main_screen_new.png

Regards
Yuriy

@ycroosh I have to agree: the standard font/colors/layout work best in my lighting (and I’m used to them). However, if you want to add options (and have nothing better to do?), go for it.
As an option for those who would want it, neat.

Personally.....YUK!

Back