Custom pellet gun pellets

Flyingfool
Yep, I failed math today.

I think you dropped a decimal place. 400 ft/sec * 1ft/5280 ft/mi * 3600sec/hr = 272.7 mph

400 fps? ~27 mph, ~43 kph. Do little league baseball pitchers (or anyone over 8 years old) have to register their throwing arm as a deadly weapon?
88 fps is 60mph 400 fps is 273 mph

Mine is also ~1200fps, But due to the big spring the recoil is actually away from your shoulder. That is why you need special scopes for air guns. The reverse recoil will tear even very expensive scopes apart.
Mine is also 1200 fps, mine came with a scope. It's hard to keep the scope in place. I have to re-adjust and tighten ever so often.

Actually,
In Canada, an air rifle or pistol that can produce over 500 fps isn't illegal, it's just classed as a firearm. You just need a PAAL ( gun license ) and away you go.

To the O.P., nice little pellet you designed. I would definitely make a mould and try some lead pellets. Depending on how accurate they shoot, and their downrange terminal effects ( try them in ballistic gelatin ), you may have a little money maker there.
Nice work, either way,
Ken

I found a turret and dual cross slide so if I buy those I can mass produce them but the lead sounds better to me

Back