CZ Rami jammed

Releasing the hammer spring is a good precaution. I don't own any CZs, but this type of jam I've been able to clear by knocking out the takedown (slide release) pin into a lead shot bench bag and taking the slide forward. If that's too tight, you could try holding the pistol in a good isosceles grip, placing the face of the slide against a table or block in a way that allows the barrel to clear, and leaning your weight into it to push the slide back.

That's the nature of autos. You fire thousands of reloads through them at the range, and every once in a while there's an issue. I think you could clear it yourself, but only if you feel comfortable doing it. Be safe.

Got it.
Piece of cake.
I took it to a local 1911 expert. He was sitting around shooting the breeze with his morning visitors. I introduced myself and asked if he could take a look at my problem.
Sure, he says. Bring it on in. He took one look, went to the back room, came out about two minutes later with a smile on his face.
What, i Say.
The jammed round was 357 SIG brass. I don't know weather someone tried to expand the brass or if it was just a mis box. I checked the rest of the box and found three more out of a 50 box.
Case solved, no damage to my pistol thankfully.
I appreciate your help.

Seen it a lot..not trying to tell you your business..for protection carry use factory ammo.check each round..try a few out of each box..practice ammo..same routine..doesn't matter at range if you get a malfunction..it can matter in other situations...I know reloaders are saying they can make a better round..yes they can..I've been doing it for over 40-42 years..but I carry factory ammo...might come a time you need to clear your own malfunction right then..glad you got it figured out..

Had a customer walk in one day with a 1911 that was jammed, with the slide about 1/8" from going into battery.

The look on his face was priceless when I picked up a rawhide hammer and cleared it for him. :eek:

I have heard that a lot. Reload for the range, carry the good stuff.
I believe in it.
The crying shame, I lost all my ammunition, reloading equipment, presses, books, dies, powder, bullets, primers, tumblers, you name it.
Will I buy again, probably not.

I had a firearm that had this problem, but in my case it seems to be a very slightly undersized chamber. About 3-4 rounds out of 50 did this, and that was *after* checking all the rounds with a gage block.

I had a firearm that had this problem, but in my case it seems to be a very slightly undersized chamber. About 3-4 rounds out of 50 did this, and that was *after* checking all the rounds with a gage block.

I had a 1911 38 Super that had a tight chamber like that. So every time I got ready for a match I sat down with the ammo I was going to take with me and barrel dropped each round to make sure it would go. :)

I have heard that a lot. Reload for the range, carry the good stuff.
I believe in it.
The crying shame, I lost all my ammunition, reloading equipment, presses, books, dies, powder, bullets, primers, tumblers, you name it.
Will I buy again, probably not.
In addition to reliability issues Its probably not wise to carry reloaded ammo in a defensive weapon. In the event that you used the weapon to defend yourself using handloaded ammo could be used against you in potential litigation

In addition to reliability issues Its probably not wise to carry reloaded ammo in a defensive weapon. In the event that you used the weapon to defend yourself using handloaded ammo could be used against you in potential litigation
I know you can’t out guess a jury, but in a truly self defense situation, why would using a handload for defense be an issue unless the prosecutor can prove that a commercial “self defense” load would not have produced the same result? Just asking.

Tom

Because the attorney for the prosecution will say that you, the defendant, are a crazy gun nut who makes bullets in his basement during the wee hours of the night, fantasizing about killing someone the whole time. This has been done with success. First place I heard it was 25 years ago during a FBI firearms course through the local police academy. Instructor made a big point out of it. I would prefer the only answer I have to give when asked where I got it to be as simple as saying "at the sporting goods store". Anything more is a can of worms.

Back