Deciding Between Bison & TMX 6-jaw chuck

You will love that chuck. I have the 6”.

It’s been off my PM 1236T a handful of times in 2 years. I pulled it off a few weeks ago for cleaning and when I put back on, it was within .0002 TIR on a gage pin with no adjustments.

Tighten all 3 scrolls every time. My method is pressure on 2 scrolls and snug at a the 0 mark. You can fine tune TIR about .0005 by varying pressure on scrolls when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received the TMX 6J scroll chuck today via FedEx Freight. The only small issue that I had is that I need a 15mm hex key (or a hex key socket) to mount the chuck to the adapter plate.

The box was a little damaged (see picture below). The FedEx Freight driver was very patient and professional in letting me inspect the merchandise. The chuck does has a small scratch (see photo), but I’m not worried about it.

I will post a picture of the chuck once I get my hex key here, and I can finish mounting it to the backing plate.

The adapter plate was delivered via UPS, and there was no issue.

I think the whole assembly (i.e. chuck + adapter) is 170 pounds.

315BF355-6D6D-4E86-BB82-31F107904B6A.png

7299EA3B-C405-4AF3-A092-357FBCB27A99.png

28FA5BF8-2B35-464B-AB8B-C899B1B257DC.jpeg

5D65AD5B-969F-4C06-909F-B7DF8630C93E.jpeg

Last edited:
I received the TMX 6J scroll chuck today via FedEx Freight. The only small issue that I had is that I need a 15mm hex key (or a hex key socket) to mount the chuck to the adapter plate.

The box was a little damaged (see picture below). The FedEx Freight driver was very patient and professional in letting me inspect the merchandise. The chuck does has a small scratch (see photo), but I’m not worried about it.

I will post a picture of the chuck once I get my hex key here, and I can finish mounting it to the backing plate.

The adapter plate was delivered via UPS, and there was no issue.

I think the whole assembly is 170 pounds.

Here is as far as I got without the hex key socket. Everything is such a mess because I am getting over a terrible flu bug!

5927E604-C8B8-441D-9745-E718CD399A01.jpeg

Last edited:
I received this TMX 6-jaw chuck about 2 weeks ago, but I just got a chance to put it on today.

it is shown here with a length of 8” Schedule 40 on it:

image.jpg

Back