Depth Mic Recommendations?

I don't follow. The OP was asking about depth mics. That's an attachment to turn a digital caliper into a fairly accurate depth mic. Just like:

and countless others.

How would the above be used with a dial indicator? It neither has a round hole nor a dovetail to attach the DI or DTI to.

I spent 30 or so years calibrating mics among other tools, and one thing to look out for if you buy any used set is bent rods. Lay them on a known flat surface and roll them; any rod deformity will stick its head up.

Coming from a production background I have 5 or 6 sets of depth mics . Many times using 3 or more on production jobs. I’m sure some of my sets are 50 to 60 years old. But they all work as they should. And are easy to reset when needed.
I have also special depth rods with a precision flange on them to check the depth and width of grooves such as Oring grooves. I bought high dollar groove mics but still found the depth mic rods to work the best. I can’t believe the low prices on eBay for some of the perfectly good old depth mics on there.
Jimsehr

I have a set of mituyo and a set of swiss made Brown and Sharpe(tesa). Both are excellent (tesa is better) but neither was over 125 on ebay, in perfect condition..

Back