Digital Phase Shifters?

Reddinr hooked me up with a great RPC! I got it hooked up and running in notime! I ordered a switch so I can turn it off, but it fired up just right right away!

Side note: Does ANYONE have any luck wiring up 3ph motors the right way 1st time? I think I'm 0 for about 8 now.

I have been using this on a 5 hp mazak mate. It works wonderful so far. It is not a static phase converter. It does generate a 3rd leg. Obviously the third leg is squeezed in at 90 hertz from the other legs but, thats the same as a
Rotary. Been using for almost a year. Hobby shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess if you wanted a

"Semi-permanent life time"

That device would be perfect....

john

So what was the consensus here? I thought he said it was working fine in the original post. Are these things not good to use? I just got a 3ph mill and have been trying to find the best way to get it to 1ph. I came across these on amazon and they're cheaper than VFDs.

They are just cheap solid state static phase converters, with all the downsides that come with those (plus a square wave or oscillating wave from the electronics). They are a great cheap solution for 1-3ph, if 1/2 power is acceptable.

In my case it was fine on the machines I was running off of, but for a couple of reasons, I switched to RPCs or VFDs for everything.

Back