Do you know what tomorrow is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Wells

President Emeritus (Retired)
Registered
Actually, that starts today. According to the Jewish calender, days run from sunset to sunset, so beginning at sundown this evening, it will be what is on the Jewish calender Nisan 14. That is the Passover date, but more importantly, that is the day that Jesus gave up his life for us. And most of us know what that means. So I ask for prayers in behalf of all those who are seeking the accurate knowledge referred to in John 17:3. That knowledge is an integral part of all Christians' salvation. Jesus told his followers to continue to commemorate this date, so it deserves our serious attention and a solemn remembrance.

Tony, thanks for pointing that out. It doesn't get any more important than that.

Tidbit of history for this time of Year. When Jesus and some of his followers went to the Garden of Gethsemane, and after Jesus went off by himself to pray, Judas Iscariot along with several Roman soldiers and some Jewish religious officials came to where Jesus was, and after being betrayed by a kiss, took him into custody. Then, contrary to Jewish law, a night-time trial was set up by High Priest Caiaphas in order to find reason to have Jesus put to death. This was against the law, but there was a great fear among the Jewish leaders about Jesus, because many people beginning to put faith in him and the promises of a new Kingdom. They felt that if they didn't do something to stop Jesus, the Romans (who were actually ruling over the Jews at the time) would take strong action and they would lose the freedoms they did have, because the Romans wold not have tolerated any uprising by the Jews, and put their own ruler over the Jews totally, and they didn't want that.

Even though the trial was illegal, in the morning Jesus was handed over to the Romans, because the Jews didn't have the authority (according to the Romans) to carry out a death penalty, which they had concluded to be justified during the night trial. The Jewish Sanhedrin (religious court) had determined that Jesus had blasphemed and was to be put to death. So over to the Roman Governor Pontius Pilate Jesus went, and despite offering to release another prisoner (Barabbas) instead, as was a custom with the Romans, the Jews wanted Jesus killed. So, also in fear for his political life, Pilate conceded, and had it done. Before sunset, and the end of the day of Nisan 14, Jesus was dead.

Way to go Shawn I think it should stay. And I am a believer.

Paul

The ramifications of the events that transpired over that short period of time are of importance to everyone alive, they just may not believe or accept it. And that's fine too. It didn't seem important to everyone at the time either, but those events, and the surrounding events changed the world more than anything that has happened in history short of Adam and Eve's rebellion in the Garden of Eden. And perhaps arguably even more than that, since the design of the arrangement Jesus shared in was to undo the damage they did in the first place. Just not everyone agrees with that. And that's the way Jesus said it would be, so I don't expect it to be accepted by all. It doesn't bother me in the least that dirty tools, or anyone else rejects this as important. It's not me that he has to answer to. It's his decision, as it should be, as to whether to care or not. I'll not be critical of him, or anyone else who shares his feelings.

I meant this not as a sermon, but only a few interesting facts that people seem not to remember, and this time of year, when some people tend to focus on the ransom sacrifice Jesus offered, I thought there would be some interest in some of the historical aspect of it. I've studied it a great deal, and enjoy sharing what I have learned.

And besides, this is supposed to be a prayer request forum, and I have gone beyond that. I can only offer this defense. Those who do believe need prayers from the rest of us to continue seeking out Godly approval and we petition God to allow Holy Spirit to guide and direct us and strengthen us as we seek to please him with the choices we make in life, and the way we live our lives.

Amen Tony! And Thank You for taking the time to share this with us, I am one who really appreciates it and understands the importance of it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
For most believers I would expect that Easter is more important than Christmas. To me it is. It is debt I can never repay.

So, this forum is now a "Bash the Non Believer" type?

I was almost a Minister, until I found out I didn't like being in a "Think as I do, "Club".
That "Club-Church" mentality, keeps you living in Dreamland. Those "Clubs", are why there will never be any type of World peace.

Machining, is one of the true Trades in the world; where no fantasy is needed.
Or, dangerous if used.

So, I hope that's not a criteria for being a member here.

Scientists, tend to not believe in Fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back