Dogs in the Shop?

They've run in the wild for how long now?
With my pups over the years, some have hung out in the shop, others don't want anything to do with it.
Never had one that wanted to munch on swarf though. Sawdust, now that's a different matter.

I'm sure you all watch all the greats on utube. A lot of shops it is a cat.. Of all our furry friends on earth, the cat is the only one that is
no maintenance, the wizzard of inventions, the UPS truck (UPS box) a cat can't wait to rip it open , sorry dogs care less. Good thing bout
dogs, they don't steal keys end mills anything not bolted down. Dogs do not jump on lathes or mills, like a cat - they have to ! Mine is
pretty well trained from a baby. He gets the idea when I say "don't even think about it"

Yeah, here's what she's saying: "Get this harness off me so I can go explore".
99% of the time she was off leash. I only put the harness on to leash up quickly for when we were on state park land or for when we came across other dogs since that can get unpredictable. She would bolt off into the brush after critters but was always mindful of where we were and never strayed too far. We did have an exciting experience one time when she took off after a dear and came back at a dead run with a bear in tow. :eek 2: Fortunately the bear was just as surprised to see us as we him and took off.

Dogs is a large part of my life... This one is a good shop dog...

Marley Dog.JPG

I had one for many years, went to work with me daily, a black lab german shepard mix; they don't live long enough.

I've got three large dogs and one wants a ball thrown every time I move. None in the garage when I'm working as I worry about swarf, sparks, arc eye etc and tripping over them. I just pretend they're little kids.

Man I couldn’t imagine not having my dog in the shop with me if it were up to my German shepherd is never leave his sight. Alas he passed away 6 months ago losing him was hardest thing I’ve had to do deal with in my life (guess that makes me pretty blessed)..... now my mastiff just kinda moseies in and at will but his in more often than not.

My dogs are allowed in the shop when it's safe, but when there's danger from shop activities they are excluded for their own safety.
I love having my dogs around; if denying them occasionally lends to them being with me more in the long run, that seems best to me.

Back