Dogs in the Shop?

I love shop dogs. My GSD always hung out in the shop with me. Unfortunately we had to put him to sleep in April. My chow mix comes through the shop on occasion to check on me but is a roamer and dosent really hang out like my shepherd did.

Our last dog would just lay by the door on the mat and watch me and out the garage door. Anytime I powered up any machine she would go out in the front courtyard next to the garage. She would periodically come in and check on me, especially when it got quiet. Our new dog just checks up on me periodically too. I'm home by myself during the week and just their presence keeps me from feeling lonely even though when I'm working they are out in the yard. When the last dog passed it felt so lonely I couldn't stand it.

We always get rescue dogs because I can't do the puppy thing. So their time with us can be really short. But how I love how smart and seemingly psychic they get when they get old. Truly this mans best friends. The only time any of them get deep into the shop is when somebody comes in the shop and they have to come in and greet whoever it is. My last three dogs have been pit bull and pit mixes and they have been the best dogs I've ever had. Smart, loyal, obedient and wonderfully friendly. Not what I'd call watchdogs but they don't have to be because of the bad rap they've got.

Back