Done talking about retirement...

WOW
Thank you ALL for the positive thoughts, I'm overwhelmed with the response !
I really didn't realize how many folks even would read one of my posts, let alone respond !
Thanks again,
Jim

Thanks !
Lot of truth in that !
My wife has done a good job of keeping things moving whenever I've been away, but winter is coming on and for some reason she is shy of using the newer JD for putting out round bales for the cows. (I think it is cause she knows what it cost ) The other one is an older 4010, she was fine with it ( far more complex control sticks) but I've got it partial;y apart for over two years now ! She is at home on the Ford 3000 and she really loves raking hay. She has no concerns with the Ventrac or the Cubs we cut grass with either. The new one though honestly once you climb in is more like her car than a tractor. No wait to start system, Heat/Ac, ws wiper, shuttle shift, joystick hydraulic controls...It is the kind of tractor that allows older farmers to keep farming less painfully !
Whenever any of the boys are home they can't wait to have a reason to use it, I have been thankful for it every-time I climb out after finishing some task around here in a rush in time to pack to travel back to some work-site. So now as you said I can choose the tractor and schedule the projects in a much less stressful manner.
BP was 127/68 this morning !
Retirement is good !

I’m late to the party but a hearty congratulations on waving goodbye to work!
My dad retired at 55. I’m 54 and still have a few years to go. Planning to retire at 60 if all goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things to remember about retirement is you normally work on holidays without extra pay, you have to work weekends, no vacation time, work days usually more than 8 hours, and you cant say you don't have the time.
Happy retirement enjoy the time.

Good for you,
August 6th, 2022 or any day after February 6th 2022.
< That's only 433 days, but who's counting?
432 days....

Last edited:
Back