Drill press

A hammer drill will always cause breakout as it exits the back side of the stone. A diamond core bit could be used to finish the hole.

A hammer drill will always cause breakout as it exits the back side of the stone. A diamond core bit could be used to finish the hole.
I am finding breakout is the case regardless of how gentle or slow I am as the bit nears the bottom end o
yes I am finding that I can’t stop the breakout regardless of how gentle or slow I go as I near the bottom of the stone with the bit. Do you recommend the diamond core bit for starting the hole also? Pardon my ignorance but can I use the core bits in a regular drill/hammer drill or do I need a drill press?

You do not want to hammer a core bit.

I would recommend the diamond core bit for the entire hole. Use a drill without the hammer function or with it turned off. Search at Banggood.
These bits have no way to flush cuttings so frequent withdrawal of the bit and air or water flush is needed.

Back