DRILLS DRILLS DRILLS .

I like that. Now I don't feel so obsessive about keeping my own drills in their cases. A question though; How to keep track of the cases? Putting them (drills, reamers, et al) away has never been an issue. But keeping track of the boxes has been. I'd lose my head if it wasn't fastened on............

Well if it is in its own box take it with you over to the mill/lathe so you remember it when your done with the job.

Man, that's beautiful. I have lots of drill bits too, they are in a tupperware box all in a jumble.
I have a project in mind.

Where can I get one of those indexes for the silver and demming bits?

ORDER A HUOT # 11985 .
I GOT MINE ON E-BAY .
1523484342884.png

Well if it is in its own box take it with you over to the mill/lathe so you remember it when your done with the job.

That works........ sometimes. Most of the time I have a number of projects running at the same time. Machinist's(?) work, carpentry (framing, not cabinet work), model building, electrical/electronic, and many other jobs, before even going outside. Then there's the (archaic) dump truck, the tractor, several trailers..... need I go on.

And I only have a small house to work out of. Far less than 1000 sq ft. And no garage, no basement, no shed. And machines pushed up against other machines with no space between. Some of my woodworking tools are on the back porch........ Well, there are a couple of sheds, but they are full of stuff. And no way to keep machines rust free and true.

Sometimes I get in the middle of something and then re-think what I"m working on, sometimes a critical situation comes up that needs attention right now, sometimes a beginner asks a question, duuhhh. And I can show somebody far easier than I can explain. Your premise sounds good for a working shop, but for a fellow that makes what he needs, when he needs it, there is some little bit to be desired.

I do keep several indeces for more common drills. Number sizes have at least three, one for non-ferrous metals only. Fractional/Imperial sizes are a givaway if necessary. I can't keep track of the odd ones in addition to full indeces of those. Most of the rest are kept in one place, intact index and all.

The remark was intended as facetious as much as any thing. Making fun of myself and being an absent minded old fart fool.

Bill Hudson​

Thanks, I really like that but for $48.50 it may have to wait awhile. To many other tools waiting on the budget. May have to just find a nice block of wood till then.

I do keep several indeces for more common drills
Me too! I gotta 1lb coffee can for the little bits. Gotta 2lb can for the medium, and a big 'ol school 3 pounder for the big guys. Metric has the same sort of system, only plastic:eagerness: Seriously, Rimspoke, that is beautiful!

How are the drill indexes from hb? Are they decent? I was thinking of picking up one to have as a spare along with a 12" caliper since i only have a 6"

I have a double punch finger sorry , don't know why it happens to me so much.

Last edited:
Back