DRO for my mill

Ok i was just curious bc i was thinking to maybe buy scales cut down already and then get the digital readout that is new from aliexpress
Personally I would just measure the travel lengths, find the nearest scale length and order from one vendor.

I found a kit on amazon that i may go with. Just wasnt really happy with the readout but for what i would be doing i dont need fancy

I found a kit on amazon that i may go with. Just wasnt really happy with the readout but for what i would be doing i dont need fancy
The LCD readout is really nice, and helps make the functions much easier to use.

Attachments

• FA9B1538-A792-4F4D-9A02-5EF17B837E94.png
    FA9B1538-A792-4F4D-9A02-5EF17B837E94.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
This os the one i am looking at right now. Now with the tool compensation mode does that mean say i am using a 1/2 endmill it will add or subtract that 1/2” from my numbers for saying side milling to size?

EDIT: here is the actual link
I've never used any of those functions so I'm not the best person to ask.
I know that This Old Tony did a video where he describes tool offsets.

I mean **** @DeanB i would literally pay someone to make these up for me and try and get them cheaper. I hate shopping around for prices sometimes lol. I tried looking on amazon really quick but amazon was pretty expensive.
Mine through amazon was about $60 more than what @DavidR8 got from Ali. Just felt a little more comfortable that if things weren't as expected I might get some help from Amazon on a refund. Fortunately didn't need to go that route. One of the scales was DOA but I contacted the seller and a replacement was on the way that day. (still took 2 weeks to arrive)

I am going to buy the one i linked above. Now could i get away with buying 2 more scales for my lathe and just swap the inputs when i need to? I know i sound cheap but just trying to save money if i can since my money is always tight around this hobby until i can make a few bucks from it.

No reason you can't buy extra scales and swap them.

For what i do im just wondering so i can save money. We all know this hobby is expensive. And i doubt i will be using both machines at the same time so.

Back