DRO for PM 1022/1030 lathe?

Hi,
I am interested in buying a Precision Matthews 1022 or 1030 lathe and have been waiting for them to post info about the DRO option they offer.

I wrote an email yesterday asking if any info was available, and the answer advised me to wait for more info to be published.

I would like to consider ordering the lathe with the DRO optioned upgrade, but can't seem to find any info about what you get for the upgrade price.

I am wondering if anyone here has purchased one of these lathes with the DRO option and if they can tell me a little bit about what they got for the extra cost.

Thank you!
Here is information on PM's DRO offerings.

Have you ever checked out DRO Pros?

What makes DRO Pros setups justify the high cost? They don't appear to be any different that the Chinese units you find on eBay / Amazon / AliExpress? I'm legitimately curious.

I expect that the difference is you are dealing with a stateside vendor and that they sell support along with the product. They are less expensive than Grizzly for essentially the same system and far less expensive than the old name brands.

I have a look a like PM 1127 (here in EU sold as Bernardo and others) Chinese brand Weiss. This DIY devil purchased a cheap Chinese DRO (3 axis)
and installed it on the 3 axis , also on the topslide as I liked an accurate Z axis. Purchased 1 DRO unit and 3pc of 1-meter glass ruler that I cut on lenght myself, One of the most valuable tools I bought for the lathe, The toolholder from Pewetools is the second valuable tool I got.

Back