DRO on lathe cable management?

Pictures or I don't believe you ;)
Oh, ye of little faith. :rolleyes:
I didn't have the pulleys when I did the initial work. They were added later. The little white rollers at the top of the pulley bracket are there to keep the cables from jumping off the the main (red) pulleys.Lathe DRO .JPG

Or another thought.

Maybe not the greatest picture, you can see them at the left. I just extended out past the chip pan, and let them hang. They're free to swing, and travel back and forth without issue.

The frame also supports the scale, and keeps it out of the way. I don't loose any functionality or travel in this mounting location...

IMG_20221125_153933111.jpg

I mount the dro box on a post provided with the box on the saddle. So no fragile dro cables running around.
A use a cheap HF self winding cord reel mounted at the foot end of the bed.

I mount the dro box on a post provided with the box on the saddle. So no fragile dro cables running around.
A use a cheap HF self winding cord reel mounted at the foot end of the bed.

Got some photos to share?

Perhaps next week, I think I am scheduled out to the shop I did my last Dro install on.

Access to the lock isn't ideal, but a ball end allen reaches fine. I'm going to make a dedicated tool of some sort in the near future.

Here is a shot with the TouchDRO module attached.

View attachment 463399
Is the flexarm from TouchDRO? That may work better then what I initially planed.

Back