Drum switch ... does this sound correct??

Is a note I just got off the phone with Leeson motor technical support oh my God what a joke that was. They did not understand what hooking up to a drum switch mint all he did was send me a PDF of the wiring layout which I already had...
They sure take your money when you want to buy one though

Last edited:
Yes ulmadeoc, it does look like one, and I can find no similar item in the USA list of schematic symbols, so I guess yer right

Total 6 s wiring the motor is seized in the hand drawn image above. Except for I hit the shield P2 which I don't understand I don't know what P2 does. I think it might have something to do with it thermal protection reset. Does anyone have any opinions on this looking at the schematics?

I had thought that I already posted this message but I don't see it so here goes again please forgive me if this is a duplicate.

I was able to get everything running normally switching correctly perfect no problems the problem that I'm having is that I am unable to figure out where to put P2. P 2 to be isolated from P1 correct on the other end of the coil? Maybe I just need to step back and look at it again but if I sealed it and don't use it everything runs perfectly I think he too is for thermal protection reset? Is it a good assumption?

Oh yeah if you look up at that hand drawn pencil schematic I followed that including P1 at the bottom right terminal with L1

P2 is connected with T8 &T3, no?

Ok this is how i wired it.would it make sense for 02 to where indicated?

fwd_rev.jpg

P2 is connected with T8 &T3, no?
No p2 is not connected at all. I blow a breaker if I try it with 8 and 3
and my wires are not color coded. they are marked with T#... I can look up the color code if you wish

Back