Drum switch ... does this sound correct??

Actually I drew that wrong 3 + 8 are linked together the top-right terminal it doesn't matter I'm through with it I'm so ******* ****** right now I can't stand it if I run it reverse for more than 10 seconds it pops the circuit it runs fine in forward I'm so bad I just want to take a sledgehammer to it

I want to know what the hell is wrong with these motor manufacturers they know there's going to be three or four lawyers group together in this tiny compartment you know they're going to use big wire nuts it's just archaic technology it needs a panel

Unexpected problems arose if I run it in reverse for more than 10 seconds it blows the circuit breaker

I am at loss to explain this. I don't think you would have anything to do to be shielding P2

I'm starting to believe that this switch is not acceptable for this motor of course I would buy the one motor on the planet that isn't compatible with this common switch I have to get this later running I'm losing my mind so frustrating so close I can run it all day and forward but as soon as I throw it in reverse you can hear the extra drain and then 5 seconds later it blows the circuit can't figure it out at all

Take P1 and P2 completely out of the circuit. Do not connect to anything. Now, try to run it in reverse. P1 and P2 is normally a thermal overload to protect the motor from over heating and shorting out. For the limited time of operation of your lathe it should not be an issue needing it.

Take P1 and P2 completely out of the circuit. Do not connect to anything. Now, try to run it in reverse. P1 and P2 is normally a thermal overload to protect the motor from over heating and shorting out. For the limited time of operation of your lathe it should not be an issue needing it.
That was my thinking as well I took them out the motor just hums it won't go forward or reverse without one of them or both of them hooked up so frustrating I'm so close

OK. What voltage are you trying to run the motor off of?

I'm trying to study the wiring diagrams at the moment.

OK. What voltage are you trying to run the motor off of?

I'm trying to study the wiring diagrams at the moment.
110v and the diagram that I did was wrong the T3 should be over with the t8 I believe that it will look again

that would be correct for clockwise rotation.

Maybe that's the problem maybe I have to move T3 back to the top-left contact?

Hang tight, I drawing up a diagram. Post in a bit. Ken

Back