Eastwood Mig 250?

OK So I could not find an issue with my Power and Eastwood says they are on 220v. So either their inverter power supply could not handle the voltage difference, or I have an issue I have not yet found. Long story short I took the machine back and had no hassle returning it. I will not call it a bad machine, it was just not working out for me. It had the power to weld some pretty heavy steel, like 1/2". I was just nervous about how it was acting,.

Also let me say how pleased I was with Eastwood's customer service. great!

I have placed an order with the local air gas for a Lincoln power mig 210 mp should be in in about 7-10 days. I will let everyone know how it works out.

Thanks for all the comments
Mark

Up date On this I took the welder back and bought a Lincoln power mig 210 mp. It also seemed to run hot, Not as bad as the Eastwood welder but hot. so I took it down the road to a friends house and hooked it up there it still seemed hot. Now he is about the same distance from the substation, a transform is about as close as mine. I had the power company out to check my power coming in and although they say it is at the top end it is in reason. I put a volt meter on the welders plug while welding and only had a 1.2 volt drop in voltage.

All of this considered I would say the Eastwood welder was a good machine. However since I already spent the extra on the 210 mp I will keep it.

Mark

However since I already spent the extra on the 210 mp I will keep it.

Mark, Do you have any plans to use the Tig function of that Lincoln 210 mp? I recently acquired that same machine, and intended to use it as a tig welder, But it is looking like I will have to spend another 6oo to 700 dollars to get what I need for tig welding, and even then, I won't be able to weld aluminum because there is no AC mode. I'm thinking I would be better off keeping the 210mp as a mig and stick welder, and selling my little Lincoln SP 125 plus mig and adding that money to what I would have to pay to set up the 210mp as a tig, and buy a dedicated tig welder. Any thoughts? JR49

Well as I bought this machine mainly as a wire feed unit but like the idea of the sick option and portability. I have only looked into the tig side in passing. I was given to believe in review that it was 400-500 to set it up as a tig machine. I have a older larger Lincoln 255 square wave for tig at home and I can think of very little I would be tig welding out side of the shop. (Oh I think I just figured out the other 200 is for a bottle of gas.)

I would not count out an Eastwood or Everlast machine for TIG. I have seen good reviews on both, Eastwood has a 30 return no questions asked policy on most if not all of there machines. I think a 3 year warranty also. Yes I think that your thoughts may be a better way to go.

How do you like the 125 plus? I love mine it was just a tad under power for some of the heavier thins I weld. How do you like the 210? are you using Mig or flux core? does it weld good in the factory settings? or does it seem hot? I tried out the stick welding on mine and it welded real good on 220v with 1/8 7018. did OK with it on 120v also. I think a little time getting to know it will make it grow on me even more.

I have a 175 Lincoln square wave stick and tig machine . I'm not a pro but I like it . I've done some tig with it but I mostly use it for stick .

Back