Ebay India

jwmay

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Ok, soooo....is anybody buying these very affordable machine tool accessories from India on EBay?

The name that comes to mind is Groz vises, I have one and it is a well made vise, KAKA industries also make good copies of old metal fabricating tools.
Overall, I would put their quality equal to Chinese and below Taiwanese.

The name that comes to mind is Groz vises, I have one and it is a well made vise, KAKA industries also make good copies of old metal fabricating tools.
Overall, I would put their quality equal to Chinese and below Taiwanese.
I agree and price and quality are variable. I bought a die holder set for the lathe and had to do some deburring etc and I like it ok.

I ordered a lathe test bar . It was a scam and never shipped. EBay returned my money.

Two comments:

I also ordered a MT3 test bar (similar to THIS) to use on my lathe. It came in good order and appears to be of good quality and finish.
Can't beat the price. The advertised precision was attractive. I haven't performed any measurements yet so I can't be certain of the precision.

On the other hand, has anyone else put off buying a tool with the brand KAKA?
I wonder what KAKA means in their native language?
KAKA in not on the list of tool brands I'd be proud to own.
Maybe as a conversation piece?

I have KAKA slip roll machine ,it's not bad at all ,very similar to your Harbor Freight stuff , so far nothing has broken /rusted. good tool for hobby use. terrible name though.

It has been with curiosity ive watched HF discontinue stuff and it shows up rebranded and anywhere from 50%+ more.

I’ve not bought anything from KAKA, is it from India or is it Chinese? I wouldn’t say even though I have a garage full of the stuff I care about the names. I would love to have nice old arn but usually as a hobby guy who isn’t trying to make a living with them it’s all about cost and functionality.

I love modding them with absolutely no guilt and so far have ended up with custom cast iron machines that do what I want for a fraction what a name brand would cost me.

Recently I’ve been getting some good use out of my HF 30” 3n1. As with most multi purpose machines I’m sure it’s not as nice as standalone shear, brake, and slip rolls. But it so far has done what I’ve needed and takes up 1/2 the space of just one of those machines for 1/4 of what one of the three would cost.But I noticed that same 3n1 that HF still sells for around $400 is close to $800 with the KAKA name on it. Go figgur.

I've got a MT5 test bar that I bought on ebay & came from India. Seems to be well made & was unbelievably cheap w/shipping. But that was years ago. Wish I had bought an MT3 though cause the MT5 one is heavy & later I read sag could be an issue. My reasoning for buying the MT5 was not having to use the spindle adapter to reduce any possible addition of error. I've still never used the test bar yet though.

On the other hand, has anyone else put off buying a tool with the brand KAKA?
I wonder what KAKA means in their native language?
KAKA in not on the list of tool brands I'd be proud to own.
Maybe as a conversation piece?
I thought kaka had a universal meaning in many languages! :D

I've got an 8" shear & 12" box & pan brake from KAKA Industries. Got them cause their prices were very cheap when they first came out (or when I first started noticing them for sale). They shipped from a US address. I expected them to be low quality but they're pretty good & they've been fine for my needs. I also chose them because of the colors (like the white & gray better than the red or blue ones) & because of the name (inside joke). I'd buy them again at the prices I paid then & I'm not ashamed to own them. I had no idea they were made in India though, I just assumed China when I bought them.

20210703_155617.jpg
20210703_155823.jpg

I have acquired a few fittings, such as a tailstock die holder. But no large tools like a pan brake. They were sourced from India, but I didn't notice any brand name. I would judge the items I got to be at least as good as Chinese mainland manufacture. But not as good as Taiwan. ||| Bordering on political news here. ||| I am vaguely familiar with several languages from that area and eastward. I can't say which languages are in use there, but "Kaka" in that part of the world is often a derogatory reference to leavings from a bull, camel, human, most any mammal.

Back