Ebay India

Same with China.

Same here, Vevor comes to mind.

I got my 4” milling vise for $66, but it came poorly packaged and damaged so I got a $22 refund.

Then it turned out to be half a POS with slop and fitment issues and I *****ed about that too and got another $22 refund.

So I got it for &22 shipped and view it as a kit as mentioned.

Worst comes to worst it will make a decent boat anchor.

I guess we have only ourselves to blame as US-made can’t compete on cost, so few even try.
Last time this came up I mentioned the EPA strangling US businesses to death and people lost their minds, so this time I’m staying quiet.

Last time this came up I mentioned the EPA strangling US businesses to death and people lost their minds, so this time I’m staying quiet.
That, and those pesky labor laws too ;)

I get a kick out of some of the item descriptions on eBay. Almost all use the term CNC probably even for a hammer. Maybe someone could make some money selling English descriptions. The sellers seem to use the same photo for similar items that turnout to be something else, Like a brand name item poorly photoshopped.) I've only gotten one item from India, a tailstock die holder that was nicely made & works well.

The videos of, I think, Indian operations, casting iron into huge items and machining them with ancient equipment are impressive accomplishments. Not sure about the idea of pouring iron while wearing sandals.

Back