Electrical Help Please

I removedthe offending contactor from the lathe. Generally it looks good. I don't see any evidence of damage. The contacts weren't bad ,but I filed and cleaned them anyway. Rather than to randomly apply 120 volts and cause damage, I sure didn't see a A1 or A2. I thought I'd use some pictures. I see terminals R,S, T, 3a, bU, V, W, 4 and for those terminals not marked I added 7, U2, V2 and jumper (which connects the 2 conjoined units).
So where do I connect the 120v to see if the magnet functions and thus work? I'd have no idea of where I'd find a replacement if it doesn't work.
Thanks again
Randy
View attachment 124685 View attachment 124686 View attachment 124687

I sure am having problems with this post. Here are the pictures

contactor 1.jpg contactor2.jpg contactor3.jpg

That contactor is a little different than I have seen but it looks like the 120V connects to what you have labeled ''7'' and ''Connects to larger contactor'' It also looks like the terminal that you have labeled ''7'' is ''a'' and the terminal that the ''jumper'' goes to is ''b'', so that is where the 120v would connect to. ''Connects to larger contactor'' is part of the overload relay and the 120v return (neutral) connects to that terminal. In other words, ''a'' and ''b'' are the coil terminals, but it is wired through the overload by the ''jumper''

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks Jim, you were right on the money. I works like a charm now
Randy

Back