Electronic Lead Screw

I figured thingiverse made sense for sharing the design files in case someone wants to use them.

IMG_20200208_151755.jpg

All buttoned up. The cover needed to move just a little bit up and toward the front of the machine. The 80 tooth pulley at the top was just enough to interfere with the cover. I used a 4.5" hole saw to open it up for the stepper. It was overkill, 3" would probably work, but I don't have a large selection of metal hole saws.

The enclosure is at the bottom left. I decided it would be irritating by the back splash if I want to work on it, so decided that would work better.

View attachment 303830

Decided to take a break on the gears and look at the Main control panel. Did some expensive learning on the CNC, but overall I'm happy with it. I didn't see a version with the text, so I used Fusion360 to add it and generate toolpaths. The depth in the top right got a little bit light, but it's good enough to read without hassle.
I NEEEEED this....where did you find the control box/buttons, I didn't see it on his website.

His thingiverse.com page is linked somewhere in the videos. He provided the 3D models for the box cutouts and such, I used one of them to generate tool paths for the box and used my CNC router to cut it.

He also posted a lid using a PCB. It seems like a good option if you don't have CNC capability. I 3D printed the buttons like he did, and used red packing tape as a lens for the LEDS.

I have no cnc anything, nor a 3d printer. Hopefully Clough offers something soon, don't really want to make it out of an Altoids tin or cardboard...

@ttabbal I also have the PM1127 and I have all the electronics working, now just need to find the correct pulley's and belts. Do you remember where your purchased the HTD belts? I'm having a difficult time locating a seller with the 72 tooth 14mm and the 1/4" 24 tooth.

Thanks for any information and it's awesome to see you got it working, can wait to get it all hooked up to my machine,

72 tooth

24 tooth
Belts were Ebay and amazon, if you can't find them, let me know. I ended up not going with clough's placement for things so I ended up needing different sizes. I have a lot of left overs, figure out what you need, I think many of us that freestyled have leftovers..

Thanks so much, pulleys are on their way, the GT2 belts were easier to find, and I'm printing some up so that I can start working on attaching the encoder to the gear.

Glad you got it figured out. I got the larger belt and pulleys from ebay, the GT2 parts were all over the place and Amazon was able to get it to me fastest.

Do you have any close up pics of the attachment points and mounts you used for the encoder and the servo motor? I love your clean design and having it be easily reversible.

Thanks
Michael

Back