Emco-Compact 8 lead screw question

Thanks Tom:<) Yes, I am missing all you mentioned as all I got when I bought it was the bed and carriage. Yes please to the dimensions (totally at your leisure, plenty to do still) and color me jealous for your other lathes!!!! Nice!!

I'll try to get some additional component dimensions to you within a few days.

TomKro

Here's some info on the banjo hardware.
Hopefully, no critical dimension errors...

BanjoBar.jpgBanjoGearMountHardware_resized.jpgBanjoBar_resized.jpgBanjoGearMountHardware_resized.jpg

Here's some info on the banjo hardware.
Hopefully, no critical dimension errors...

Something to note, the Emco lathes are made out of metric parts except for some variants like imperial lead screw or so. These nuts are turned by a 10 mm wrench as example.

Last edited:
Fermic - I was measuring things up quickly and failed to check metric screw dimensions.

I just rechecked. Apparently I have one English and one metric version of the gear stud.. One has a 1/4-20 thread, but the other is 6mm-1.0P, not 1/4-28. Both have the small Emco style oilers recessed into the square head.

Same for the banjo bar. Not 1/4-28, rather 6mm-1.0P. The socket head cap screw pinching the banjo bar is 30mm long.

Thanks,
TomKro

Well done Tom!! Much appreciated! That will work for me just fine ;) Excellent clear drawings too!!!

Thank you!!!!

Some of those tiny parts might be tough to make. I looked on-line at the Grizzly G4000 parts manual and it appears the G4000 version of the C clip avoids the square internal corners by use of a C shaped slot. Also, they make the head of their studs taller, which appears to be a good idea.

Looking at the manual I realized I'm missing some flat washers that go between the studs and the banjo bar. I guess that's why the blackening has been swiped off my banjo bar. I'm not quite sure how thick they should be, but should be easy enough to check once you have your studs made up.

Looks like the small 6mm oilers might be available via Grizzly also. Part number P4000409, $1.25 each.

TomKro

Awesome! Thanks again Tom! I'm wrestling with my "Rev 4" idler pulley concept, then on these parts:<)

Cheers!

Glad I could help.

I saw your post with the tool holders. Looking real nice.

TomKro

Back