[Deals] Emerson 7" X 12" Bandsaw, Model # 10-1721r?

Olddaddy

Registered
Registered
This saw came up for sale about an hour from me. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Any advice or opinions? The seller knows little about the saw and has only the one picture. It is a long ride, but for the right price it may be worth the trip.

Emerson.jpg

The picture is kind of small. But it looks well built. If it is made by Emerson electric tool co. They made really nice tools.

It sure looks well made. If it looks good when you get close and it's not outlandish in price grab it . Saws that size can run anywhere from $300. To about $1,200 ,.of course it all depends on the area too. Around me that's the norm and the low price ones look no where as good as this one does. Just my opinion if low I'd buy it , last summer I bought a Rockwell delta bandsaw in the same size range but it needs some work for $100.00 , the motor works but the chain drive on mine needs a master link and the well is bent in one corner plus I'll need to paint it . So far I've made a set of wheels with angle iron frame to set the saw in . Guess I'm gettin old never would anything sit that long. Oh well let us know ,more pics too .

The price is right. Go get it. If it wasn't this time of year I would of gotten it already, It is near me.

I've tried repeatedly to arrange to see it and the seller appears reluctant to actually meet me or sell. I tried hard this morning to set something up for the weekend, but he decined. I suppose I will continue looking..,

I had a similar dealing , a drill press was listed for a few weeks I sent at least 5 emails to him no answers . So I found his number and called guess what just sold it , but I got a responce the same day call me at this number. There has been lots like this on there. They refuse to answer questions or return calls . I've missed out on lots of nice machinery. They don't want to sell . On the other hand I've tryed and tryed to sell tons of woodworking tools if I've gotten 10 replies in two years that's about it, finally I sold a tablesaw but I had to sweeten the deal with an additional machine a jointer . But I did get a fair price not what I wanted but fair for both of us. He just sent an email and wants another machine if I knock off 25 percent of my price. I'll take his offer just to get the space , plus I bought a big drill press from hgr machinery sales. Yupp a big press with power down feed and all. The killer on the deal is I'm paying as much to ship it as I paid to buy it. A 20 inch model.

CL can be a great place to find or toys. It can also be a very frustrating. In my area, I see too many buying and selling flakes on CL. I have learned to just walk away and move on…Dave.

Back